Notice to leave question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice to leave question

Hi, I wondered if any anyone could possibly advise me on the following - I have a letter ready to go to my landlord to notify them of my intention to leave. I had the letter checked over regarding the correct dates and wording its all ok. When I send it and it has been received by them can they request or issue me with a notice to leave earlier then my intended date? Thank you in advance

Yes but the answer to your question depends upon how much notice you have given and what you have contracted. What notice is required under the TA?

In effect you can be given a s21 notice which from Oct will need to be 2 months to end on or the day before a rent day. However the reality is that does not end your tenancy, only you or a court can do that, so essentially you will be gone before the ll could obtain a possession order.

Without further detail it's difficult to be precise. What is your concern?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
      s21 notice ... to end on or the day before a rent day.
      Surely no restriction on end date unless the tenancy predates 1 October 2015 (per Deregulation Act)?

There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

Deregulation Act doesn't apply in Wales. It applies to all tenancies including the old ones in England.
        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Yes - agree.
          There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X