I T V program surviving squalor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I T V program surviving squalor

I often have problems getting access to flats causing leaks. But iwas amazed that the first case in this program did not deal with this. They had an expensive expert checking the bugs caused by the leak when they needed a plumber in the flat above a few months earlier.

For those shouting for more social housing;

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-09-12/...lack-of-action

ITV News Political Correspondent Daniel Hewitt has been travelling the country uncovering the shocking conditions being endured by some people and families living in social housing – homes owned and run by local councils and housing associations.

Comment

I watched this, and even though i work with housing associations in my job i was still shocked by this show. I doubt very few private landlords could afford to let their property get in the state that most of those on tv were in, it would bankrupt us !!!!

Comment

In a way it is bankrupting us. The massive waste of public money increases our taxes. Public housing employees send letters instead of knocking on doors and getting tradesmen in to fix leaks urgently. I get cooperation by inviting the flat above to visit and see for themselves.
        Maybe speaking to neighbours should be a legal obligation.

Comment

Even when I worked for a short while in the Housing Department of a local authority 25 years ago, the ethos with repairs was 'yeah, yeah, yeah' and much of the time the enquiry was not even logged. (I didn't work in the Repairs section!).

Comment

Originally posted by scampicat View Post
            Even when I worked for a short while in the Housing Department of a local authority 25 years ago, the ethos with repairs was 'yeah, yeah, yeah' and much of the time the enquiry was not even logged. (I didn't work in the Repairs section!).
            Ha-Ha I worked in a JobCentrePlus office for a short while 15 years ago.

Because it was a smaller office, we had extra jobs to do - I was tasked with organising the stationery room.

I found it was 30% full with posters, flyers, booklets etc that were 10+ years out of date so I suggested I have a half-day in my jeans to get it cleared and sorted.

We had that 30 minute late opening day every Wednesday for staff training - in the 6 months I lasted, the issue of my half-day was discussed at most meetings and still wasn't resolved when I left.

NOTHING about public sector working surprises me - far too many keeping their heads down, shuffling papers and having no authority or inclination to get anything done.

But - let's continue to blame the PRS for all those housing issues shall we.
            My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

Originally posted by landlord-man View Post

NOTHING about public sector working surprises me - far too many keeping their heads down, shuffling papers and having no authority or inclination to get anything done.

But - let's continue to blame the PRS for all those housing issues shall we.
              And it has not changed a jot today !!! I should know i work with a lot of the lazy ........

Comment

Unfortunately if you get to court you get credit for shuffling paper and none for lying face down looking for a leak!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X