Clear All

• vmart
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    Originally posted by vmart View Post
    Are there any rules related to a single parent living with 4 children (2 boys, 2 girls) - all children probably teenagers- in a 2-bed flat.
    Rules related to overcrowding. Will depends on the size of the rooms.

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted.E.Bear View Post

(in practice, nobody will care anyway).
    Until councils realise there is a good income stream from fines. Or insurance companies can claim you are in breach of policy conditions.

Leave a comment:

• vmart
    replied
    Are there any rules related to a single parent living with 4 children (2 boys, 2 girls) - all children probably teenagers- in a 2-bed flat.

Leave a comment:

• Ted.E.Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooper View Post

Cheers - I cross posted with you! I think they may be right about chains .
    The government guidance also suggests that chains are ok - but, again, I can find nothing in the actual legislation which supports that view. If such chains were allowed, then I think 3(c) would be entrely redundant.
    (in practice, nobody will care anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Ted.E.Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooper View Post
    (5)Regulations under subsection (2)(b) may, in particular, secure that a group of persons are to be regarded as forming a single household only where (as the regulations may require) each member of the group has a prescribed relationship, or at least one of a number of prescribed relationships, to any one or more of the others.

Does this mean that as long as there is a chain of connections such as A is related to B, B is related to C and C is related to D then even if there are no other connections between parties it is one family?
    That means that the national authorites can create regulations which allow that, but I don't believe any have (I couldn't find any - the national regulations in force do allow for things like au pairs and servants).

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted.E.Bear View Post
    Nobody ever seems to understand (c)!

Roughly, it means that in-laws are allowed! (If you have a couple, then anyone who is related to either of them is fine)

A second couple does, I think, create an HMO - as there are two people who are not connected (the partners of the two relatives). Some quite knowledgeable people seem to think that any 'chain' of partners / relatives is ok, but I don't know why they think that.
    Cheers - I cross posted with you! I think they may be right about chains .

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    (5)Regulations under subsection (2)(b) may, in particular, secure that a group of persons are to be regarded as forming a single household only where (as the regulations may require) each member of the group has a prescribed relationship, or at least one of a number of prescribed relationships, to any one or more of the others.

Does this mean that as long as there is a chain of connections such as A is related to B, B is related to C and C is related to D then even if there are no other connections between parties it is one family?

Leave a comment:

• Ted.E.Bear
    replied
    Nobody ever seems to understand (c)!

Roughly, it means that in-laws are allowed! (If you have a couple, then anyone who is related to either of them is fine)

A second couple does, I think, create an HMO - as there are two people who are not connected (the partners of the two relatives). Some quite knowledgeable people seem to think that any 'chain' of partners / relatives is ok, but I don't know why they think that.

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    So what if the single sibling moved in a partner? Four sharers, not an HMO?
    (3)For the purposes of subsection (2)(a) a person is a member of the same family as another person if—

(a)those persons are married to [F1, or civil partners of, each other or live together as if they were a married couple or civil partners];

(b)one of them is a relative of the other; or

(c)one of them is, or is a relative of, one member of a couple and the other is a relative of the other member of the couple.

I am struggling to understand (c)!

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    Relatives are all one household.

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    started a topic Couple plus a sibling. HMO?

Couple plus a sibling. HMO?

Is a couple plus a sibling related to one of the couple all living together in a two bedroom property considered to be living as one or two households?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X