Devious tenant's excuses for rent arrears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By NOT paying rent they are making themselves homeless. Therefore Council will not help.

Mary, you can follow both courses of action, we often used the section 21 as a back up to the section 8 just in case the tenant paid the arrears at the last minute!
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Just to make double sure: I can start S.8 as well even though i am in the process of S.21 (spoke to the court and they should be sending the notice any day now)?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryQK View Post
        Just to make double sure: I can start S.8 as well even though i am in the process of S.21 (spoke to the court and they should be sending the notice any day now)?
        Its common to send both notices, but usually only one is actioned through court at a time. Usually the LL has a pretty good idea of what they want to achieve and the time delay for each course of action.

From memory, i think I have heard on LL zone that at a section 8 hearing, the LL drew the judges attention to the fact that a valid section 21 notice had also been served and the judge granted a possession order on that section 21 notice, although that was not the original direction of the case.

Ask the court.
        All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X