Providing a reference for the tenant you are looking to evict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Section20z View Post

Then they will just become a burden on the local authority and taxpayer.
    Agree with that, i work with a number of housing associations and i can assure you that the '' cupboard is empty '', if they did end up at the mercy of the LA then it's emergency accommodation all the way !!! They have only one chance of getting a house or similar, and that is with some kind of vulnerability or their behalf or a family member, and by that i do not mean '' stress '' or a '' bad back '', genuine and real - disabled children with specific needs etc.

So yes they can fall on the charity of the state, but it is somewhere i would not wish to be in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by section20z View Post

then they will just become a burden on the local authority and taxpayer.

For a reference i would stick to "i couldn't recommend mr x more highly !"
      hahahahahahaha

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Am I a lodger or a tenant?
        by Hudson01
        I can see it is a complicated arrangement but as JKO says, this is your home, if you are not happy where you are then move, why try and go down the route of conflict when all it will end up with is your eventual eviction, which i am sure will come not of your choosing and as sods law often dictates...
        28-11-2021, 12:39 PM
      • Am I a lodger or a tenant?
        by Bert1e
        Hello, I have a question about my legal status in private rented accommodation.

I live in a private rented house. The entire house is rented from the landlord by one individual (let's call her Sara). Sara has a bedroom in the house and a lot of stuff in the cupboards all around the house....
        28-11-2021, 12:13 PM
      • Reply to Curtain poles in windows
        by scampicat
        My flat already had curtains when I bought it, so I left them in. Then my very obliging first tenant installed vertical blinds all round, which he left when he went to say at Her Majesty's Prison . I have left them in for all other tenants since.

In response to the OP, I would put...
        28-11-2021, 12:37 PM
      • Curtain poles in windows
        by Kate foster
        Hi all. Wonder if you can advise. I gave a fully unfurnished property to a tenant and they were aware of it. Now they have moved in, they have asked if I can get all poles bought and fitted in the rooms for curtains. It will be added cost for me to buy 6 poles and fitting cost ect. What is best way...
        27-11-2021, 07:15 AM
      • Reply to Am I a lodger or a tenant?
        by JK0
        Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? She's not kicked you out. If you don't like your housemate, move, surely?

I wouldn't be laying the law down to Sarah, as I suspect you may still be a lodger.
        28-11-2021, 12:22 PM
      • Alternative ways to enforce a Peaceable Eviction
        by bob369
        Hi,

A Lodger (Excluded Occupier) needs to be excluded as his Notice Period has expired (one calendar month), and he refuses to leave

I understand Police will not get involved to remove him, even though he is tresspassing, understand they view this as Civil not criminal....
        24-11-2021, 23:16 PM
      • Reply to Freezing cold, outdated heating and draughty insulation
        by Jon66
        Blankets, hot water bottles, sweaters, uggs indoors, heated blankets, sausages along the bottom of doors, heavy curtains at the windows and doors, plastic rolls of draught excluder fitted everywhere there is a leak. Curtains can be bought cheaply in charity shops and are very effective. Can tell I lived...
        27-11-2021, 23:09 PM
      • Freezing cold, outdated heating and draughty insulation
        by Canning18
        Hi folks,

I’ve been renting a flat through a housing association for a few years now but find my flat to be insanely freezing during the winter (it never bothered me too much before Covid as I was away with work a lot). Last year was the first year I was around all winter and I’ve ended...
        26-11-2021, 10:44 AM
      • Reply to Tenancy issues - No Deposit Scheme, demanding deposit back
        by KTC
        Well, it is too late for no penalty but you knew that already. Like theartfullodger said, make a offer to settle. I'll make it a formal Part 36 offer to avoid any argument. The +£1 is unnecssary, if you made the offer, they need to beat it. It is highly unlikely for a court to award the maximum 3x...
        27-11-2021, 22:52 PM
      • Tenancy issues - No Deposit Scheme, demanding deposit back
        by llplug
        I am a private landlord who has not put tenants deposit into Deposit scheme - I now understand the errors of my ways, put my hand up, my fault, been lax

Tenant has had a number of minor issues (sink drainage, plug not working, bedroom light not working) which I have made an effort to rectify,...
        19-11-2021, 15:49 PM
      Working...
      X