• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welshgold
    replied
    Originally posted by vergil01 View Post
    Hi,
    Can I sue, my soon to be ex-tennant ? She moves out at the end of this month and unfortunatley the amount of damage she is going to leave behind her is going to far outstretch her bond money.
    I would like to think I could take her to the small claims court to reclaim my cost.
    AS THE LOBSTER SAYS you can try, you have a case, you may well win lots of damages, what is certain is it will cost you time,stress and money, and you may end up trying to chase tenant unsuccessfully for payment for years

Leave a comment:

• vergil01
    replied
    can i sue

thanks for your reply ericthelobster:
    thankfully for me I like to keep everthing legal and above board , so she does have an invetory which she signed and the tennacy started before april07 so thats not an issue.
    I know what you mean about actually getting some money out of her if I win in the smalls claims court , I think im just gonna threaten her with action and hope she coughs up, if not I will take it on the chin and move on.

i am going to post a new question shortley titled IS POSSEION 9/10 OF THE LAW. maybe you could have a look an give me your opinion.
    It relates to the same tennant.

Leave a comment:

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    Originally posted by vergil01 View Post
    Hi,
    Can I sue, my soon to be ex-tennant ? She moves out at the end of this month and unfortunatley the amount of damage she is going to leave behind her is going to far outstretch her bond money.
    I would like to think I could take her to the small claims court to reclaim my cost.
    Of course you can; whether you have any chance of winning is a completely different matter. That depends on several factors, eg is the deposit in an official scheme (if the tenancy began after April 07); whether you did a proper inventory which she signed, upon moving in.

And if you do sue and win, you've then still got to get the money out of her...

Leave a comment:

• vergil01
    started a topic Departing tenant caused damage greater than deposit

Departing tenant caused damage greater than deposit

Hi,

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X