Gas Safety certificate for 2 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Safety certificate for 2 days?

Hi, my tenant has given notice as they will be moving into a new property on 24th August. My gas safety cert expires on 22nd August. We won't be reletting the property, we will be selling it. Do I need to renew the gas safety cert for the 2 day period?

By law yes your are renting, on the other hand it's a chance you take.
    Anyone who says not to worry I wouldn't listen to as its on you head, and and sods law.

Comment

Perhaps check your insurance policy before you make a decision. Personally I wouldn't bother unless your insurance is invalid without it. Extremely unlikely anything will happen on 2 days though, as above, sod's law may apply. Millions of privately owned properties never have a gas check the the sky didn't fall down when they were only doing emergency repairs during lockdown.

Comment

My solicitor advised me not to do it when I was evicting my tenant.

Comment

Your solicitor advised you to commit a criminal offence?
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Don't you get 2 months leeway on renwing the GSC nowadays?
            (Or have you already used that?).

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post
              Don't you get 2 months leeway on renwing the GSC nowadays?
              (Or have you already used that?).
              You can renew it up to two months ahead and keep the same anniversary (like a car MOT).
              I don't think there's any leeway.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X