Breeding dogs without evidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breeding dogs without evidence

Our tenants have broken the tenancy agreement 9 times - painting my kitchen cupboards and chopping down trees. So it’s section 21. My issue is. We allowed 3 dogs and were told they would be housed outside and they intended to build a kennel. This hadn’t happened, instead they seem to be converting the garage, they have a 4th dog without permission and have advertised 2 sets of pups due. Not yet born.

Their leaving date is at the start of Oct. The “planned” pups won’t be ready to go by then and they will find it difficult to find accommodation with all their dogs before pups are due to leave mum.

If this ended up in court. Would the court take the dogs in to consideration.?

Shall we serve a section 8 now.?

Would you wait for the pups to be born and involve the council, as we believe they don’t hold a license?. Or would this delay not to provoke the situation.

We have asked the tenant to answer a number of questions including their intentions regarding what we consider at the moment to be illegal dog breeding - we recieved a reply saying leave us alone, we will go in Oct and if we bother them again they will contact their solicitor. They have had quiet enjoyment of the property. What would you do?.

Advice appreciated.
    Last edited by Mason1; 26-07-2021, 18:53 PM. Reason: #Dog #breeding #illegal #eviction #pups

As the T has stated, there isn't much more you can do, see if they leave in Oct, if not follow up with proceeding to the courts and eventually bailiffs if they have not left.

Comment

Why kick the hornets' nest? Let them move out peacefully without antagonisng them further as it will only be you who has to pay the cost otherwise. It will be up to the next landlord to do due diligence before taking them on as tenants & you can tell him/her your concerns if they ask for a reference.

Honestly, they don't sound like ideal tenants by any stretch of the imagination & they've caused damage when unprovoked. Imagine what mess they'd leave behind once you've reported them?

Comment

As said, leave them alone, its all too late now anyway, the damage has been done, if you keep annoying them it could simply mean they do not leave and you have a lot more stress to come, simply tighten up your tenant choice for the future and pick better prospects.

Comment

Thank you - makes sense - a section 21 has been served. Sadly I was stupid enough not to ask for a separate deposit for their pets. Lesson learnt. It just infuriates me that they are getting away with it and breeding dogs without the authorities being informed and what seems like inflated prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason1 View Post
            . It just infuriates me that they are getting away with it and breeding dogs without the authorities being informed and what seems like inflated prices.
            That is Disney Land to what is really going out there, all under the nose of the govt and whilst claiming every benefit known to man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason1 View Post
              Sadly I was stupid enough not to ask for a separate deposit for their pets.
              Are you aware of the provisions of the Tenant Fees Act?

Comment

No I’m not aware of the Tenancy fees provisions act? I’ll read up on it. Thank you x

Comment

I would suggest some landlord training and then you may not make other mistakes too, (such as allowing 3 dogs in the first place).

Comment

I was going to allow dogs in a property I bought to rent out. There were some viewings. One of the applicants had a small dog. (they said) I looked on social media for their name and on it was a photo of this enormous dog (a suitable name would be "Fang") So I asked the letting agent to remove Pets Considered. The letting agent said that there is such a shortage of rental property that Landlords dont need to accept pets anymore.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X