• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by Neelix View Post
    I thought the government were scaling back EV “support”
    If that is the case then i can see a very slow roll out for the EV market.

Leave a comment:

• Neelix
    replied
    I thought the government were scaling back EV “support”

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    I think the managing agent will have to liase with a firm like podpoint who already supply employers with chargepoints. See here: https://pod-point.com/solutions/busi...ntial-charging
    Looks interesting...... and looks expensive into the bargain ! The whole argument for getting out of the PRS is getting even stronger for me, it was just the EPC of C but now it is this. Let us see what happens in a few years then decisions can be made.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by Codger View Post
    As a freeholder of flats i am watching out for gov grants to put charging points in. No sign yet.
    I had not thought of that...... i too am a part freeholder, i am a shareholder in the Ltd company who own the Freehold, but given the number of flats out there i cannot see how they can be excluded from any grants.

Leave a comment:

• Codger
    replied
    As freeholder of flats i am watching out for gov grants to put charging points in. No sign yet.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    I think the managing agent will have to liase with a firm like podpoint who already supply employers with chargepoints. See here: https://pod-point.com/solutions/busi...ntial-charging

Leave a comment:

• Neelix
    replied
    Unfortunately you are describing a very common problem which appears not to have many sensible solutions as yet

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    started a topic EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats

EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats

I have 2 flats in a block of 12, the car park is attached to the grounds the flats are on, i have been thinking about the future of car ownership and have come to the conclusion that the flats may be less desirable to rent after 2030 given they have zero charging points (obviously) but more importantly i cannot see how it will be possible to fit them.

Are there any current forum members who have car park spaces away from their rental properties who have somehow figured out how this all works going forward, the whole idea of owning an EV is that it will be charged overnight, with the electricity coming from the property you either own or rent, but how can this practically work in flats where the car park is next to the block ?

The flats by the way are not the tall ones, they are a ground floor and a 1st floor (the same height as a house).

So any ideas on how this is going to work in the future for the charging/metering of said cars ?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X