Property Inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Inspection

It is basically simple question. I am writing complain letter to estate agent. I do know landlord sister have done inspection along with employee of the estate agent. She was rude and took pics of our possessions and her sister shouted at my X-wife and X complaint to police. I would like to add to the issues.
    Is it legal? I mean landlord's sister can do the inspection? I have other main points, but would like to add this issue too. thanks.

Not sure why you think landlord or his sister shouldn't inspect property, seems innocuous enough.

Comment

Landlord or estate agent and his employee can do the inspection as landlord has authorised estate agent. But I believe what capacity landlord's sister can do the inspection as landlord done inspection some times and some times estate agent.
      But landlord sister has no official capacity or related to the house , so I just wonder.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "official capacity". A random estate agent employee asked to do an inspection does not have any different "official capacity"

If you are concerned about photographs of your possessions, if they are just that, then it would not be appropriate,. However photographs of damage or of things likely to cause damage which happen to include possessions, or of required repairs would seem totally appropriate.

Comment

Anilkumar

Out of interest, did you get written notice of the inspection, and who let the sister in ?
          Fed up with nitpickers and rivet counters...

Comment

Why did they shout or swear? You can report abuse.

You can actually refuse entry but never really worth it. If I was leaving a property however and landlord wanted viewings I would refuse not my problem.

Comment

mokka,

Sounds a great idea. Likely attitude that will get you excluded from viewings anywhere else though, but that's OK.

Comment

Not if you are intending to buy and the landlord is a slum landlord who deserves no favours

Comment

I can't disagree with that. I thought you were suggesting being disagreeable and unhelpful just for the sake of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mokka View Post
                    If I was leaving a property however and landlord wanted viewings I would refuse not my problem.
                    In 10 years time if I asked your ex-landlord if you were a fair and reasonable person, what would they say?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
                      I can't disagree with that. I thought you were suggesting being disagreeable and unhelpful just for the sake of it.
                      Oh no. I would be fair. Good landlords deserve respect.

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post

In 10 years time if I asked your ex-landlord if you were a fair and reasonable person, what would they say?

Read above.

Comment

Originally posted by mokka View Post

Read above.
                          Read it.

No thanks.

Comment

It was an old issue as I am compiling list of issues in my 4 years tenancy against the estate agent .
                            My estate agent refused my NTQ 3 months ago and finally I gave another NTQ and left the property with out looking for confirmation as I am on joint tenancy rolling. But he still insists I am liable for future rent etc as rest of tenants holding over.
                            My x-wife accepted inspection and estate agent employee and this lady (later found out sister of land lord) made every tenant uncomfortable , rude and shouted in front of my child who has ASD and can't tolerate loud voices/shouting. It was a night mare inspection. The door handle is broken, but this lady shouted at my x-wife saying it was deliberate.

I have valid complaints like dampness and mould and extractor fans never worked in bathrooms etc.. As I left the property but would like his response to my complaint list.

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post

Read it.

No thanks.
                              So you are in favour of being nice to slum landlords when leaving? ( albeit still following the law) I don’t think so. I agree to disagree.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to My buy to let property is being used as a cannabis growing factory
                                by darkdev
                                Hey OP, my house was turned into a cannabis farm, and this was using a very large popular high street agent. They are so far not admitting liability, nor do I think that they will. They also neglected to inspect saying it was due to covid restrictions (although I suspect if they had persisted in trying...
                                27-09-2021, 08:10 AM
                              • My buy to let property is being used as a cannabis growing factory
                                by Blanks7025
                                Hi đź‘‹
                                I found out yesterday when I went for inspection and for surveyor valuation that my buy to let property is being used as a cannabis growing factory

I called the police when I noticed changes and had a locksmith open door as locks changed and letter hole seal and Neighbours...
                                01-09-2021, 10:47 AM
                              • Reply to relocation of boiler
                                by jpkeates
                                There are two ways to obtain an address at least.
                                One is to write to the agent and ask for the landlord's contact details in writing.
                                They have a limited time to respond, and a failure to do so is a criminal offence.
                                Albeit one that's never ever prosecuted.
                                And it might very...
                                27-09-2021, 07:55 AM
                              • relocation of boiler
                                by BigWelsh
                                Hi, I have been renting the house I live in for 10 years approx with my partner, we have 3 children the youngest is 5 months old. The property is a 3 bedroom house and rented to us as such (via the tenancy agreement). The problem I'm facing is that the "3rd" bedroom is rather small, maybe...
                                26-09-2021, 19:44 PM
                              • Reply to Using the Small Claims Court after DPS deposit dispute decision
                                by KTC
                                Sure, but that "any losses beyond that" mean claims that wasn't or can't be adjudicated under the ADR, not ADR awarded me ÂŁ50 when I spent ÂŁ200 so I'd go to court for the other ÂŁ150 for example....
                                27-09-2021, 07:41 AM
                              • Using the Small Claims Court after DPS deposit dispute decision
                                by Btret
                                Hi All,

I have recently received the DPS decision on a deposit dispute that I had with the tenant. I am shocked by the low amount that I have been awarded and I am severely out of pocket by the amount I had to spend to get the property back into a good condition.

I wanted to...
                                26-09-2021, 13:04 PM
                              • Reply to Tenant changed name but didn’t tell Landlord
                                by jpkeates
                                Your name is what you’re known by, and people can have multiple names.
                                A deed poll is simply a formal route so you obtain documents with a name different to your birth or married name.

If you were born Susan, but everyone calls you Snake, you can sign contracts or be served warrants...
                                27-09-2021, 07:25 AM
                              • Tenant changed name but didn’t tell Landlord
                                by LAL18
                                Hi everyone, not sure if this is legal? My tenant signed a tenancy agreement for 3 years then informed me just before signing next AST for year 4, that they had changed their name by legal deed poll 10 months into the first year of tenancy. They didn’t tell us and carried on signing short hold tenancy...
                                26-09-2021, 12:11 PM
                              • Reply to S21 served expired EPC!
                                by jpkeates
                                But that’s not what you’re suggesting it says.

You’re saying it means, has the tenant received an EPC that was current when the notice was served? And it doesn’t say that.
                                Which is good, because the author of that web site is a solicitor and that’s not the law says.
                                27-09-2021, 07:20 AM
                              • S21 served expired EPC!
                                by Worriednow
                                Hi All
                                Hope you can help. I served a S21 notice on my tenants giving them 6 months notice to leave. The actual tenancy expired in August 2021 but with the Covid rules i had to give 6 months notice which means they have to be out by November.

The notice was served May this year but...
                                23-09-2021, 20:02 PM
                              Working...
                              X