My landlords licence runs out during before end of tennancey eviction notifiaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My landlords licence runs out during before end of tennancey eviction notifiaction

Hi,

I have notified my tenant that I would like them to vacate the property via the section 21 as I would like to sell it, my landlords licence runs out at the end of September but due to having to give six months notice (because of covid) my licence could run out two months before they are required to leave.

Licences are expensive and the rent I receive isnt much at all due to its location, what's the situation here? can I extend my licence by a few months?

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking a Selective Licence or a HMO licence? I would suggest you look at the councils website on information, but my understanding is that the licence is payable for 5 years, I doubt they will allow you to have a licence for a few months, the council I'm with say's if you stop renting out you don't get any refund if you paid the 5 years. Unfortunately you may have to pay the licence (maybe worth talking to your council and explaining, but my guess is they wont care and want their money) as you have previously had a licence so the council will be quick to act on getting their fee, if you didn't have a licence in the first case then may take them a while to know about you and by that point you may have sold it, but your already on their books so you best bet is to talk to them.

Comment

Speak to the Council landlord licensing team and let them know the situation. Ask if they can give you a Temporary Exemption Notice whilst you evict the tenant prior to sale.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X