Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anilkumar
    replied
    Very Smart observation #royw. Last 2 hours, I am trying to delete the thread and I realise I have no option. First email by one of the member of the staff(estate agency) mentioned EPC, but last 2 emails and hand delivered letter mentioned EICR. so I went with EPC as first email mentioned. But you are 100% right on that and I am wrong as I assumed EPC as first email mentioned.

This is what I gathered so far July 2020, all new tenancies required an EICR. As of 1st April 2021, this requirement applies to all tenancies - new and existing. I understood why Estate agent is chasing us. Also I explained to my co-tenants just now through whatspp (as there is no direct communication) the importance of this test and why we should allow the Electrician to in. I believe my co tenants too believe it is EPC certification as unaware of EICR requirement.

All I wish Estate agent explain in emails about this new rule and why it is required instead of telling us we have right to come in and do some tests on the name of EICR. It is not easy for every tenants to understand all new regulations come in play unless one is very nice tenant and follow ever estate agent says so.
    Thanks again pointing out in the right direction but I do get it but reading further emails and new regulations on EICR.

Leave a comment:

• royw
    replied
    Are you sure it's for the EPC rather than EICR? EICR is a check for electrical safety and is a new requirement. It's in your own interests to let him in as it's for your protection, similar to the gas safety check. As you say the EPC is still current so there's no reason for him to want another one.

Leave a comment:

• Anilkumar
    started a topic EPC Certificate Inspection Chased by ES

EPC Certificate Inspection Chased by ES

My other thread suggests , I have issues with Estate agent and co-tenants. But this is separate topic as I would like to understand EPC Certificate Requirement and reason for Estate agent insistence for inspection.. Within 2 weeks, I was chased by 3 times for EPC inspection by Estate agent One of the email reply , I answered honestly, though I would like to let them in, but other tenants already against me , so please talk to them and provided with all phone numbers of tenants.
    Yesterday estate dropped a hand delivered mail (at our door) giving us 24hr notice period let EPC electrician for inspection. I started wondering why Estate agent is pressing for EPC inspection as website clearly states validity till OCT 2022.
    I gathered it is 5 year validity and required only when you apply for possession order. Is Estate agent is too eager to get his work done without tenant's wishes? But I would like to know as a Land lord ,will you push for your EPC inspection when more than 16 months validity exists?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X