The bailiffs are coming - part 2 !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring your local scrappy, I had an old worthless banger collected from my drive and they paid me £50 for it. Worth a go!

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/abandone...sponsibilities

Comment

Originally posted by GaryGoals View Post

Ring your local scrappy, I had an old worthless banger collected from my drive and they paid me £50 for it. Worth a go!
        Yep, this is what i would do, if you say the v5 was lost they will not be too concerned, if the tenant comes back just say it was stolen.... maybe and shut the door.

Comment

Thanks All. The situation with the car will get clearer towards the appointment date which is in one month time so I will take a decision once the bailiffs evict him. He does not seem to be in the property just left a present for me for providing him with a nice home and everything he wanted.

Comment

Hello everyone!! Perce jpkeates theartfullodger

Special thanks to all of you.

I appeared in court earlier today, after spending a rather stressful weekend worrying about this court hearing request by the tenant to suspend the eviction....

Well, all of you are right. The judge dismissed/declined the request to suspend warrant after 10 mins of going over details of the case!!.

The tenants have asked for help from court legal duty advisor - who was basically doing his job of presenting the tenant's case in the best light. I picked up a few thoughts of the tenants during this hearing. I have to say they are the most scheming people i have ever met - they wanted to register for "breathing space" and that's the main reason for asking to delay eviction!!!

Well the judge said he is not any power to grant the extra time now however they can make another application if need be, to set a side the possession order and another hearing may be held to look into the case further. This brought another knot to my stomach. I don't know whether that's the standard thing the judge says to everyone. The possession order was via standard possession route and the case was given a hearing and documents were checked before the mandatory order was granted by the court. And so much time has passed since the order was granted (order granted at court in early Dec 2020 for possession order in Jan 2021)

However, I feel a bit more confident now. I have to take this on my stride and keep jumping the hurdles coming my way. Initially I was feeling a bit guilty, about the bailiffs appointments and all...but now I feel I am doing the right thing.

thank you everyone

Comment

Thanks OS7 for keeping us informed and well done. Good news on the outcome. I was thinking about your hearing but did not know when it was going to take place. I hope this is the end. What a nerve racking experience. Hope the eviction day comes very soon to end it all.

Comment

Originally posted by OS7 View Post
                they wanted to register for "breathing space" and that's the main reason for asking to delay eviction!!!
                Based on what you've posted about the whole saga, it would be interesting to see how this would help them.
                The whole point of breathing space is part of a debt resolution program, which sounds like it would actually help you.
                Debt counsellors have to prioritise ongoing regular payments like rent and mortgages.

Well the judge said he is not any power to grant the extra time now however they can make another application if need be, to set aside the possession order and another hearing may be held to look into the case further.
                That's something that's always available to a tenant, but, from memory, they have to pay for that application and it's really unlikely to succeed.
                It would mean one county court judge would have to decide that another county court judge had made some kind of error, and, realistically, they don't tend to do that.
                I've, quite literally, never heard of it succeeding (either in real life or on a forum).
                However, I feel a bit more confident now. I have to take this on my stride and keep jumping the hurdles coming my way. Initially I was feeling a bit guilty, about the bailiffs appointments and all...but now I feel I am doing the right thing.
                You're definitely doing the right thing.
                By the time the process gets past the possession hearing, the rest of the process is inevitable (not counting the odd unexpected plague).
                The tenant needs to move on (literally).
                There's not really anything else you can do, either.
                When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Hi everyone,

Now that the eventual eviction of my Ts is going to go ahead (or so it seems), they have now stopped adhering to the mediation settlement agreement for the rent arrears dealt via a separate money claim. They were sticking to the agreement up until last week, when they may have received the documents informing them of the eviction date. No surprises there!!!!!

I have written Ts a short polite email reminding them to stick to the agreement to avoid breach and escalation. My better half thinks this was not necessary, but I felt it was !!!. The mediation agreement is a court document, and if one is breaching it, they have to be informed as a way of pre-action protocol...

God knows what I have started now.....my Ts are not the most logical people and they do write long emails.

Comment

OS7 - it’s good that you wrote to them. Wait and see what happens now. I think If you threaten them they will start paying. They are afraid of ccj.

My T. also writes long letters but I don’t read them. No logic at all like yours.

Comment

Hi everyone,

How much does a locksmith cost for attendance during eviction.

I am quoted for access and 3 locks changing £250. i wonder if this is the market rate. The company who spoke to me said it may be cheaper as the access may there for the front door or perhaps it will be more if extra time is added to evict tenants. Please can anyone confirm how much they paid.

Thanks

Comment

OS7

I got a quote : £95 call out charge + the lock which is around £25.

Comment

This is going to be very location dependent.
                          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Mine was £79 call out (for up to 1hr) plus £20 per lock required.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think I may just ring around some more places to get better price.

Comment

Hi everyone, just to close this thread, the bailiff appointment went ahead and tenants have moved. I have decided being landlord is not my cup of tea🤷🏻‍♀️, the property is up for sale and finally I can move on with my life. Rent arrears is still owing, but that is a topic for another day.

Good luck to everyone who is in similar position to me - when there is will, there is certainly a way 👋

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Open Rent -Management service - Worth it?
                                  by Nomy
                                  Has anyone used Openrent's management service?

They have two services - Management Lite and Management Plus. The fee is a flat fee rather than a % but I was wondering if it's really worth it at all....
                                  01-08-2021, 22:45 PM
                                • Reply to COVID clause in ASTs
                                  by KTC
                                  Rather than unfair, I wonder whether it can cause the tenancy to be void for uncertainity if it's somehow worded with the effect of you have a tenancy from X date if the existing tenant moves out, but not if they don't for COVID-19 related reasons.
                                  01-08-2021, 20:59 PM
                                • COVID clause in ASTs
                                  by Hooper
                                  Does anyone have anything in their contracts? E.g. clause limiting liability where outbound tenants have to isolate and can't move out in time for commencement of next tenancy?

Anyone had this happen?
                                  30-07-2021, 13:23 PM
                                • Reply to Tenants shilly shallying
                                  by Hudson01
                                  I think you already know the answer to your question, there are simply too many alarm bells for me, i would pull out and get better prospects and conduct the long standing and sensible checks we all have to do, i am sure you know that if you get a '' wrong un ''...... it will end in tears..... you...
                                  01-08-2021, 20:25 PM
                                • Tenants shilly shallying
                                  by JK0
                                  A couple of weeks ago, my friend introduced me to a potential tenant. She liked the flat, agreed the rent, and we agreed she would move in 1st August. I took a week's rent as deposit.

In view of the lady living some distance away, I gave her the key safe combination, as she wanted to get...
                                  01-08-2021, 18:56 PM
                                  by ash72
                                  Always follow your process (if you have any) with any T referencing, even if they are recommended by someone. Most insurance want this conducted to avoid the policy being void.
                                  01-08-2021, 19:33 PM
                                  by JK0
                                  Oh, I don't know the partner from Adam. I just (foolishly) took my friend's assurance that she is good for the money, and she showed me her passport the other day.
                                  01-08-2021, 19:20 PM
                                • Reply to Landlord dictating minimum temperature for property
                                  by 45002
                                  If utilities bill are in tenant's name, LL will not be able to access anything !

Unless LL tries to put bills in their name .
                                  01-08-2021, 19:13 PM
                                • Landlord dictating minimum temperature for property
                                  by haystack1979
                                  Our landlord wants to insert a clause in our tenancy agreement to require us to maintain a temperature of 20 degrees in the house in order to mitigate a damp problem, is this legal? It's a very old place with a kitchen with thick stone walls which is poorly ventilated. The previous owner had the damp...
                                  30-07-2021, 11:33 AM
                                  by ash72
                                  If she wants to move in, then get the money back for the locks being changed. If you referenced both T's and they passed, then I would mark it as teething problems especially if the T hasn't rented previously. I avoid this type of situation by getting the T to sign the tenancy at a pre-agreed date and...
                                  01-08-2021, 19:07 PM
                                Working...
                                X