X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP174
    replied
    theartfullodg

Thank you for your concern. Others have dealt with my query.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Originally posted by GP174 View Post
    Thanks all - well first of all he was absolutely fine for the first month then become more and more aggressive. When he was spoken to again the other night about his rent he was completely abusive, screaming down the telephone like a toddler. Credit check etc was fine but I am starting to think the references were "friends" (he is self employed or was when he moved in).... he has mentioned one name and sadly for him I have a mind like a steel trap. The front door is secure - solid door and would take a massively hefty battering to get in. It just looks dated compared to the composite doors around it. We did have occasion to go 'round today to look at a loose gutter with a handyman (something we spotted) and two of the downstairs windows were open, one front and one back and we knew he was at work. Along with the dog barking away. When I say open I mean really open, I could have got though one of them! We had no cause to go in so didn't but it has (along with the constant closed curtains) been noted. We also took a quick look at the back garden and it stank of dog poo - I am surprised the neighbours haven't been ringing us up. I will proceed as planned and keep my fingers crossed that like all bullies he runs off and hides when stuck up to.
    &
    Thanks Hudson01 - given he has two children there with him you'd think he'd be a bit more proactive and better...... clearly not.
    Did you have a question?

You'll obviously appreciate tenant or his legal representative may be viewing this thread on this free, open to all, website...

Leave a comment:

• GP174
    replied
    Thanks Hudson01 - given he has two children there with him you'd think he'd be a bit more proactive and better...... clearly not.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    All the very best with it, he sounds like a lot i come across, i expect him to stay for the long haul as he has nothing to lose, after the eviction he will then fall onto the charity of the state, he has made himself intentionally homeless due to the arrears, he will not doubt only get emergency accommodation, this is likely to be some grotty 'sink' ex hotel now populated by recently released offenders, asylum seekers, drug users and other such difficult to house individuals. To most of us this would be a total nightmare, but clearly not all.
    Last edited by Hudson01; 11-06-2021, 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• GP174
    replied
    Thanks all - well first of all he was absolutely fine for the first month then become more and more aggressive. When he was spoken to again the other night about his rent he was completely abusive, screaming down the telephone like a toddler. Credit check etc was fine but I am starting to think the references were "friends" (he is self employed or was when he moved in).... he has mentioned one name and sadly for him I have a mind like a steel trap. The front door is secure - solid door and would take a massively hefty battering to get in. It just looks dated compared to the composite doors around it. We did have occasion to go 'round today to look at a loose gutter with a handyman (something we spotted) and two of the downstairs windows were open, one front and one back and we knew he was at work. Along with the dog barking away. When I say open I mean really open, I could have got though one of them! We had no cause to go in so didn't but it has (along with the constant closed curtains) been noted. We also took a quick look at the back garden and it stank of dog poo - I am surprised the neighbours haven't been ringing us up. I will proceed as planned and keep my fingers crossed that like all bullies he runs off and hides when stuck up to.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    What a nightmare,in my very limited experience of the council providing a ' bond ', they are the kind of tenants they either cannot house or more worrying, do not wish to house..... the latter of which opens all manner of questions. All you can do is what you intend to do, issue the s21 and get him out, how easy that will be is open to debate, if he is, as i expect him to be (a difficult to house/deal with ex council tenant) then your work has only just begun.

What made this chap the best of the prospective tenants you were presented with ? I have multiple applications for my properties and only pick the very best, i am picky to the extreme and refuse far more than i accept. I have never yet accepted the first person who wanted the place, i always want a decent number of people to choose from, so the first one to put their hand up..... never gets the place, they have to be patient or move on to something else.

After this mess is over and done with i would take a very close look at your business model and how you select prospective tenants, that gateway into your property makes or breaks it from day 1...... as you have now seen. All the best.
    Last edited by Hudson01; 10-06-2021, 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    Only you know if you are doing the right thing, if the T has breached their tenancy by having a Dog when your tenancy has a clause against it, then that is your answer. If you T hasn't paid you rent since moving in, that is another breach..... if the front door is a security issue then it needs to be fixed, if it is only for cosmetic reasons to replace then inform them of the fact. If you think they have breached 5 terms of your agreement then you have answered your own question.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Was there a question or just your story for our interest?

What were his references from previous landlords and credit checks like please?

Leave a comment:

• boletus
    replied
    Interesting first post.

What does he say when you talk to him?

Leave a comment:

• GP174
    started a topic Difficult Tenant

Difficult Tenant

Tenant - six month AST, Ends August. Tenant has been nothing but difficult since Day 1. Got a dog without informing us and the garden is covered in poo to the extent we had to repeatedly ask him to clean it before our gardener went round to do a one off tidy up. He now claims the garden hasn't been done properly (in his agreement as his responsibility). Says in the four months he has moved in he has not been able to set up a standing order (doesn't have digital banking and says in four months he can't get to his bank in the town) and is now owing rent. Also refused to sign the inventory for the council as deposit it to be a council bond.

Says we have not done jobs we said we would (seems oblivious to the concept of having to be on a waiting list for good workmen for minor jobs despite being in the trade). Keeps demanding a new front door - mainly I think as neighbours have new composites and said it would be £300 and we were lying about the quotes we'd had. The kitchen had good quality carpet tiles in for kitchens whilst we waited to get to the top of the list for the concrete floor to be screed - he has removed these and chucked them away. Dog is poo-ing everywhere. House was newly decorated and carpeted (which he described as "expletive deleted"). When we have had workmen out he has said they are rubbish and don't know what they are doing and we did have one that said he thought the issue was caused by "new damage with a hammer".

I am planning to serve him in a coupe of weeks with a S21. He has by my reckoning actually broken five terms of his agreement now. Seems to want everything with jam on it. Like I said serving a S21 soon but braced for difficulties. He's also very very aggressive. I just want confirmation I am doing the right thing.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
    by Hudson01
    I totally agree but for one small issue....... the govt will eventually tax petrol and diesel so highly it will become a deciding factor in running a fossil fueled car, one thing which is happening in my area next year and has already happened in Birmingham..... the Clean Air Zone. This will be the...
    25-07-2021, 14:42 PM
  • EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
    by Hudson01
    I have 2 flats in a block of 12, the car park is attached to the grounds the flats are on, i have been thinking about the future of car ownership and have come to the conclusion that the flats may be less desirable to rent after 2030 given they have zero charging points (obviously) but more importantly...
    24-07-2021, 17:42 PM
  • Reply to Tennant- issues with rent payment
    by Kate foster
    theartfullodger

It states the below in the contract but i don't use open rent collection service and had sent my account details multiple times and instructed for the tenant to create a standing order but no luck.

5. The Tenant shall pay all future Rent when it becomes due,...
    25-07-2021, 14:33 PM
  • Tennant- issues with rent payment
    by Kate foster
    Hello all, I am having issues with my new tenant for past 4 months where upon requesting a standing order to be set up, he refuses to do that. he wants to pay either by cash, sometimes bank transfer and sometimes spilt payment over a few days in cash and bank transfer. It is causing me distress as there...
    25-07-2021, 13:18 PM
    by theartfullodger
    [QUOTE=Kate foster;n1164122]Hello all, I am having issues with my new tenant for past 4 months where upon requesting a standing order to be set up, he refuses to do that. he wants to pay either by cash, sometimes bank transfer and sometimes spilt payment over a few days in cash and bank transfer....../QUOTE]...
    25-07-2021, 14:22 PM
    by boletus
    As above. Or rent increase to reflect the extra hassle.
    25-07-2021, 13:41 PM
    by doobrey
    Section 21?
    25-07-2021, 13:34 PM
  • Reply to EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
    by ram
    I would be inclined to say that if a Leaseholder requires a Car charging station, the leaseholder pays the full cost of that instalation, and not have all leaseholders paying serice charges for instalations that don't benefit them.
    Yes, a station, as trailing an extention lead out of a window
    25-07-2021, 12:04 PM
  • Reply to Imminent eviction
    by Perce
    Thank you Slackjawedyokel.

I was amazed how many people from the block where my tenant lived came to support me on the day the eviction took place. They all knew what was going on and they were all tenants themselves. He did not cause them any problem.

I told my tenant...
    25-07-2021, 11:14 AM
  • Imminent eviction
    by Perce
    Hello All

Update : My tenant has no plans to move out before bailiffs arrive which is imminent. I have no clue what the bailiffs will do. He will start complaining that he has nowhere to go although he lives somewhere else just keeps his stuff in the property for free, he might say...
    21-07-2021, 19:10 PM
Working...
X