Asbestos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asbestos

I’ve lost the lease for a tenant whose aware I’ve lost the lease so is 6 months in arrears! He’s storing asbestos sheets in 2 of the 6 stables and now 15 huge builders bags full of asbestos has appeared. He’s obviously being paid to dispose of the asbestos but now storing it on the land next to my house. Am I able to evict him on having the asbestos?

I would consult the environmental health dept of the local council and find out about the storage of such bags, he may be breaking what ever rules are in place and they will take action against him, which in the long run will help you.

Comment

What do you mean you have lost the lease? The Tenancy Agreement? How does the T know you've lost your lease did you inform them?

If you stay in the business of a LL, would recommend you scan the documents so you have an electronic copy of it and may be a backup of this to be on the safe side.

Comment

If he is a Business Tenant (even if you have lost the lease) you may be entitled to send in the bailiffs for unpaid business rent.
        Where the ASBESTOS is concerned its a problem you need to throw money at bey getting a Solicitor involved.
        If this tenant clears off leaving Asbestos on site it will cost you THOUSANDS to get rid of it
        And if its land he could be digging holes with a JCB and burying it. And it would be your problem.
        A farmer I knew started storing Asbestos and burying it and the Council served a Contaminated Land Notice.
        You need to take photographs of the asbestos and walk all round the land if its included with the stables.
        Serve him with a notice to quit and he will soon come up with his copy of the lease.
        Or in the meantime get a solicitor to arrange to have a Restraining Order served on him to stop him storing Asbestos on the land.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X