Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ash72
    replied
    If you want a daily figure use's Jon66's approach if you want it by week use the following:

Rent * 12 / 52 = weekly rent (this is how the holding and security deposits are worked out.

Leave a comment:

• Jon66
    replied
    For accuracy for the pedants among us, times your monthly rent by 12 then divide by 365 to obtain the daily rent.

Leave a comment:

• 1600e
    replied
    Incase that wasn't clear. Divide the monthly rent by 31 and that gives you the daily rent, times that by how many days are left, include the last day up until midnight.
    I've not got into any trouble doing that.

Leave a comment:

• 1600e
    replied
    Are they aware that they are legally obligated to pay until July 16th? Some/most tenants are not and think a month's notice anywhere in the month is ok, it isn't though! Landlords have to do it by the book unless the tenant agrees otherwise.
    you are doing them a favour letting them leave early, if they have been good tenants then I let them go and work out a sum owed using a 31 day month which again is being kind. If they have been bad tenants then they owe until July 16th. I've had both scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• Bridge2020
    replied
    Originally posted by nukecad View Post
    Of couse that is the legal position on the minimum notice legally required from a tenant.

If you want to agree/accept less notice and let the tennant move out on the 8th July and only pay up to 8th July (or any other date before the 16th) then that's up to you.

You can, but don't have to, insist they pay up to the 16th July - but you can't insist on more.
    How do I work out the final payment ? Last day will be 8th July - rent usually paid on 17th ?

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Of couse that is the legal position on the minimum notice legally required from a tenant.

If you want to agree/accept less notice and let the tennant move out on the 8th July and only pay up to 8th July (or any other date before the 16th) then that's up to you.

You can, but don't have to, insist they pay up to the 16th July - but you can't insist on more.

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    If your T gave you notice today 8th June, and she is on a rolling contract until the 16th, she would be moving out on the 16th July. I would write accepting the notice and set a time for when you will conduct the check out of the property.

Leave a comment:

• Bridge2020
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    When does notice say it expires?
    She gave one month from today

Leave a comment:

• Bridge2020
    replied
    She gave one month from today.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    When does notice say it expires?

Leave a comment:

• Bridge2020
    started a topic Notice

Notice

My tenant is on a monthly rolling contract from 17th of month to 16th. She gave notice today 8th so when will last day be ? I thought would have to be 16th with full months rent even is she moves out earlier ?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X