Tenants & Pets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenants & Pets.

Our house is up for rent with a Letting Agent Saying No Pets.

We discussed this with the Letting Agent who told me that when she was asked at a house which had 20 viewings booked in the first week by an applicant who had pets why the Landlord did not want pets she replied that there is such a demand for rental property that a landlord can chose people without pets.

Demand is significantly down in London, but that still wouldn't persuade me to accept pets

Comment

I would accept pets (for some properties) if I were able to accept a decent deposit, and if the deposit adjudicators dealt properly with deposits, and I could increase the rent a lot (by 50%) initially and then reduce it if things were going well, or get rid if a tenant who refused to obey the contract they signed.

Can't do any of those things, so don't get a pet if you want/need to rent in 2021

Comment

I have agreed to the option of 1 cat to new tenants in London. It seems to be a natural progression for a couple to rent a home and then acquire a cat or dog as if it completes the scene. Over the years I have taken on a good few ex tenant cats when things go wrong and they have all lived out their lives in better circumstances at my semi rural pad.
        Piffy - be prepared for cat pee and 'entire' cat practices if you allow cats and maybe insert a clause that covers replacement of carpets etc due to odour/fleas.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

The pandemic has caused some T's to be a little more picky, and rents are lower, I currently have a studio which isn't taken for about 5 weeks on the market - had loads of enquiries (50) but long story not one of them is working and no one can provide any references etc.

I would not give a property to a T who has pets unless they had all their jabs, certificates, larger deposit, increased rent, and only if this was my last resort, otherwise I would prefer the property empty. Animals shouldn't be left alone during the day it's most likely the equivalent of animals being in zoo's.

If's it a Dog, just be aware if you need bailiff's assistance to evict you may need someone who is trained with animals at a cost to you during the eviction as bailiffs may refuse to carry the possession.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X