County Court Bailiffs 1 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am getting very anxious now about how long its going to take to for the baillifs to attend, whether the tenant will play the covid card, and what state the property will be in.
    i really need to get out of my parents house im nearly 40 and i never wanted to be living there at 40. despite them not minding its making me depressed. i served notice 20 months ago.
    im not especially bothered about returning to live in my property and considering now just renting somewhere for a year , selling the flat once theyve gone and taking my time to buy again?
    any thoughts? in single so flexible and no one else to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Propertygoesup View Post
      iim not especially bothered about returning to live in my property and considering now just renting somewhere for a year , selling the flat once theyve gone and taking my time to buy again?
      Sounds like a plan - I suppose it depends on your view of how the market will go over the next few months.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

i have no idea but the amount they are building in my area makes me think supply is increasing so i cant see prices going up by much, i see what you mean though if theres a gap between selling and buying the market could move, but im not too concerned

Comment

Propertygoesup - did you get any notification from bailiffs ? I have not. I emailed directly to bailiffs yesterday but they have not replied.

Comment

The court gave me an appointment date - end of July. The date was only arranged today so the solicitors have not received paperwork yet from the bailiffs. At least there is a date so I am a bit relieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Perce View Post
              The court gave me an appointment date - end of July. The date was only arranged today so the solicitors have not received paperwork yet from the bailiffs. At least there is a date so I am a bit relieved.
              great news!!! happy for you

Comment

Thank you OS7. As we are all in the same boat it is easy to understand what the other landlord is going through.

Comment

Perce It seems like quite a while until the end of July, but at least it must be good to know that it’s definitely in the system, and also it will put pressure on your tenant to either sort out some alternative accommodation or gamble on the fact that they may be able to stave off the bailiffs somehow. What’s your tenant’s fallback position do you think? I think you’ve said previously that they have money, just they don’t want to part with it to you. Will they be buying somewhere do you think? I can’t see why anyone in the PRS would wish to be their landlord!

Comment

Slackjawedyokel - my tenant does not seem to be in the property. I have no clue where he is or whether he will return.. The neighbours said that police were looking for him but when I checked with the police they could not find anything on the system. The police were very nice and helpful and asked me to call back if any problems.

What he will do- he has a lot of ccj on his record now. He will pay upfront for 6 months and a lot of landlords will be happy. Then he will stop paying. He has now tasted the blood. He owes me more than 10k. and prefers to have his record ruined for a few years but keep the money. He does not get involved with councils. Its beneath him.

Comment

Today the court tells me that the notice of eviction has been sent to the tenant with the date and time giving him more than a month notice. Nothing shows on the system that the notice was also sent to the solicitors which is strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Perce View Post
                        Today the court tells me that the notice of eviction has been sent to the tenant with the date and time giving him more than a month notice. Nothing shows on the system that the notice was also sent to the solicitors which is strange.
                        Perce i wouldn't worry about this, as on my PCOL portal there was nothing to say that notice was sent to the tenants as well. There was only one entry indicating the warrant has been issued and bailiff appointment has been made.
                        I have a feeling they only enter once for sending documents out. Wait a few more days, and call them again if your solicitor has not received the documents.

Comment

hi ive been given a bailliffs date of 13th july 10am. i need to arrange locksmith. not sure if i need to attend as dont want to get into an argument.
                          i am still considering renting myself as a nice litte house has come up for rent nearby in a better location.
                          i am tempted to wash my hands of this rental property, pay the early redemption fee and start again???
                          the financial view would be to move back in change to residential mortgage and do the property up and move later by porting the mortgage.
                          by renting though ill also avoid any more delays if tenant plays covid games. also avoid any hassle from any of her mates in the neighbouring area if she tells them untruths about me.
                          any thoughts welcome.

Comment

i need to arrange locksmith. not sure if i need to attend as dont want to get into an argument.
                            Check with the locksmith, some want you to be around.

i am still considering renting myself as a nice litte house has come up for rent nearby in a better location.
                            i am tempted to wash my hands of this rental property, pay the early redemption fee and start again???
                            the financial view would be to move back in change to residential mortgage and do the property up and move later by porting the mortgage
                            It depends where you are, but where I am (West Midlands) the market is crazy - even allowing for the end of the stamp duty holiday.
                            You might find it simpler just to sell up - although that might have an issue if prices carry on going up and you want to buy later.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

hi ive been given a bailliffs date of 13th july 10am. i need to arrange locksmith. not sure if i need to attend as dont want to get into an argument.
                              the financial view would be to move back in change to residential mortgage and do the property up and move later by porting the mortgage.
                              by renting though ill also avoid any more delays if tenant plays covid games. also avoid any hassle from any of her mates in the neighbouring area if she tells them untruths about me.
                              any thoughts welcome.
                              perhaps you can sell and properly move on.....

Comment

See what is better for you financially and if you would like to live yourself in the area.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X