Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will the eviction ban be lifted?

as it should be in 2 weeks time?
    or will pressure from idiots like shelter and generation rent make the government extend it yet again?
    personally if my tenant isnt gone next month i will be forced to rent privately as i have been stuck at my parents for the last 18 months after serving a section 21.
    doesnt seem fair to me, and how is me going out and renting a flat any different to my tenant being evicted to a social house or wherever?

Hopefully it will be lifted. But it will take a few months to evict if you have county court warrant as I do. The judge did not allow me to transfer to HCEO. My PO is also S21.

Comment

ive got the final baillifs order so as soon as they are working the warrant can be executed?

Comment

So far the signs are that the ban will be lifted.
        The government has changed the section 8 forms and announced that the ban will end.

Obviously, anything can still change as the pandemic changes.

Originally posted by Propertygoesup View Post
        doesnt seem fair to me, and how is me going out and renting a flat any different to my tenant being evicted to a social house or wherever?
        The chances of an evicted tenant without children getting social housing are vanishingly small.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post

The chances of an evicted tenant without children getting social housing are vanishingly small.
          You've (conveniently) missed out the context.

The OP is saying they are in the same or worse situation as their tenants.

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post

The OP is saying they are in the same or worse situation as their tenants.
            But that bears no relevance to whether the eviction takes place.

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post
              The context wasn't relevant to the response I was making, which was simply about the likelihood of someone getting social housing.

I wasn't commenting on the fairness or unfairness of the OPs position because I had nothing helpful to add.
              If I were in the same situation as the OP, I'd be deeply p1ssed off too.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X