Mot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mot

I have just had a car mot d . It is so slick and easy to understand compared with epc or electric checks. Also it is on one sheet of paper not six!
    Did we have better government when that system was introduced or is it a policy to drive landlords mad with paperwork?

All industry bodies like to put their own jargon and technical words so that "normal" people think they need an expert to do it, just need to adjust your business model to adjust for the additional costs.

EPC are easy to understand what your rating is, the difficulty is the recommendations. Electric again is easy to understand Satisfactory/ Unsatisfactory and the next interval for testing, the difficulty the readings recorded.

Comment

As landlords we need to do more lobbying of MPs. Otherwise they will just follow advice from the likes of shelter or the green party.

Comment

The system is different.
        The MOT is no longer the certificate, it's the record on the MOT system, which is more comprehensive.

If there was an equivalent system for an EPC or an EICR, the certificate could be much simpler (although the EPC is designed to be informative - even if no one else ever looks at them).
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X