Thank you everyone for help you have given

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone for help you have given

Finally got our property back. The state of it is incredible as was the smell and flies - they had left rotting food out. I can't believe how dirty the walls and ceilings are although there were loads of candles around which my husband thinks is part of the problem. We're lucky there wasn't a fire considering the candle wax that had been spilled everywhere including carpets. The loft had been boarded and there were mattresses up there (and candles) so probably where the relative slept when he arrived. Once again smoke detectors and the CO detectors have been removed - that's three times now! Lots of post including from bailiffs (not ours). Anyway as it was supposed to be our pension and is currently my only income we have decided that we cannot be in this position again. 14 months without rent and the cost of getting it tidy (at least 4 skips).So a rather sad, once beautiful little house will be up for sale soon. I have learnt a lot from this forum but will obviously not be visiting again.

It’s really sad to hear these outcomes.

What did the agent have to say about the state of the property and their vetting processes?

Comment

So sorry to hear this. It's very upsetting to say the least. I've been through it myself.

Comment

And thank you for the update, so many stories are left hanging.
        Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post
          It’s really sad to hear these outcomes.

What did the agent have to say about the state of the property and their vetting processes?
          The tenant was fine for over 4 years, never a late rent payment and the house kept OK. Having talked to neighbours it appears he went a bit weird at the start of Covid. He got aggressive, stopped talking to anyone and kept ranting about conspiracy theories and saying Covid didn't exist. The house was fine until he went back to Romania but the people he allowed to stay there when he left last June were the ones who have caused all the problems.

Comment

pleasure to hear, all the best.

The government and all the 'woke' charities need to realise that most landlords are an average citizen on an average wage, not a property mogul that can afford to be robbed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X