Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piffy
    replied
    I was going to buy a Mobile Home on a site which allows owners to rent them out.
    The one I was going to buy was in a really good setting and would have taken a good photograph for advertising purposes.
    There were two reasons I did not buy.
    1. After talking to other owners on the site they said that the owner of the site often once a Mobile Home was sold then moved the Home to another part of the site which was not as good, and the ability to do that was included in the terms & conditions in the lease.
    2. I was interested in how old the Mobile Home actually was a apparently when you buy a Mobile Home/Lodge etc off a Site Owner they either deliberately remove the Date of Manufacture Plate off the chassis, or ask the manufacturer not to put it on.
    (a bit like when you buy a new car, it could be 4 years old but the Registration Document says "New at date of first registration")
    This Mobile Home was supposed to be New. Trawling through the internet I found that they had started advertising this specific Mobile Home 3 years before. So for 3 years it had sat out in the rain, sun and snow for 3 years.
    And apparently although it had a 10 year guarantee it was off the site owner rather than the manufacturer.
    So, for me its a question of asking questions and going on Park Homes Forums.

Leave a comment:

• Ted.E.Bear
    replied
    I am curious as to what a 'full lifelong freehold tenure' is

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    Originally posted by Boab View Post
    I’m considering buying two park homes and letting out one to pay the running costs on both while I live in the other one.
    Have a look at this thread before you act. https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...me-a-good-idea

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Usually what's being leased is the pitch, not the mobile home itself.
    And a) the lease normally precludes what you're suggesting and b) it's very difficult to meet the regulatory requirements of a residential let (EPC and EICR would probably be issues)

Leave a comment:

• Boab
    replied
    Ok thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jon66
    replied
    Yes in my experience the majority of mobile home park leases preclude renting out both using ASTs or holiday let. This is a holiday park? You will need to check the lease, it would be a miracle if we could advise without seeing the lease.

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    Google -- letting out park homes

and https://www.gov.uk/park-mobile-homes...ng-a-park-home

There is also something about you have to live there for at least 125 days a year if you let it out.

Leave a comment:

• Question on letting out ‘residential’ park homes please

I’m considering buying two park homes and letting out one to pay the running costs on both while I live in the other one.

currently ( pre exchange) one has full lifelong freehold tenure , the other one is a 25 year lease with residential status and the applications to convert it to full life long freehold status have I’m assured been submitted.

Ive never Owned such property before. It’s critical there are no reasons why I cannot rent either of them out at any time on either assured shirt term tenancies or holiday / air bnb style let’s as I wish over the years .

The seller says this will not be any problem but I just have her word for it . Could this be a problem at all ??

Obviously I will ask for copies of the lease and titles but thought I’d just ask here for general comment / observations ahead of getting into the solicitor costs etc

In case it makes any difference these are timber frame modern non standard construction lodged built as holiday homes but with residential status granted.

Apologies if If May seem an obvious answer
    but the only dumb question is the one you don’t ask right ?

thanks .

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
    by ram
    I would be inclined to say that if a Leaseholder requires a Car charging station, the leaseholder pays the full cost of that instalation, and not have all leaseholders paying serice charges for instalations that don't benefit them.
    Yes, a station, as trailing an extention lead out of a window
    25-07-2021, 12:04 PM
  • EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
    by Hudson01
    I have 2 flats in a block of 12, the car park is attached to the grounds the flats are on, i have been thinking about the future of car ownership and have come to the conclusion that the flats may be less desirable to rent after 2030 given they have zero charging points (obviously) but more importantly...
    24-07-2021, 17:42 PM
  • Reply to Imminent eviction
    by Perce
    Thank you Slackjawedyokel.

I was amazed how many people from the block where my tenant lived came to support me on the day the eviction took place. They all knew what was going on and they were all tenants themselves. He did not cause them any problem.

I told my tenant...
    25-07-2021, 11:14 AM
  • Imminent eviction
    by Perce
    Hello All

Update : My tenant has no plans to move out before bailiffs arrive which is imminent. I have no clue what the bailiffs will do. He will start complaining that he has nowhere to go although he lives somewhere else just keeps his stuff in the property for free, he might say...
    21-07-2021, 19:10 PM
  • Reply to Lodger on uc
    by doobrey
    Give her notice. As an excluded occupier she has got limited rights. It is not like evicting a tenant. Having not paid rent, I'm not sure if she has any right to occupy(?) I did look into this once but never found a very conclusive answer.

If you get into real problems you can change the...
    25-07-2021, 10:42 AM
  • Lodger on uc
    by rmermaid1965
    Hi I took in my friend who I've known 27 years. Her boyfriend kicked her out in the street during lockdown. I took her in and helped her claim uc so she can get some sort of income aswell as paying me rent im on benefits.shes been here 7 months but every month she kept making excuses and...
    25-07-2021, 10:15 AM
  • Reply to Does a GCRO made by a Designated Civil Judge concern only one county court?
    by Obiter
    There is only one County Court in England and Wales. The County Court identified in a GCRO will be that County Court. There used to be many County Courts, but they have been merged into one. The wording of the Practice Direction is merely a relic of the previous arrangement....
    25-07-2021, 10:32 AM
  • Does a GCRO made by a Designated Civil Judge concern only one county court?
    by progress
    Practice Direction 4.2 (1) concerning General Civil Restraint Order says

“4.2 Unless the court otherwise orders, where the court makes a general civil restraint order, the party against whom the order is made –
    (1) will be restrained from issuing any claim or making any application...
    24-07-2021, 11:21 AM
  • Reply to Section 21 received - how much rent to pay in the last month?
    by Rach1990
    Reading more posts on here, I'm now concerned that the section 21 doesn't end the tenancy / my liability to pay rent. So I could serve notice myself but that would have to end at the end of a month (as rental period starts on the 1st). So I wouldn't be getting the full 4 months notice that I'm entitled...
    25-07-2021, 10:26 AM
  • Section 21 received - how much rent to pay in the last month?
    by Rach1990
    Hi

I'm a tenant and have received a section 21 to leave "after 7 October 2021". I'm on a statutory periodic tenancy. The tenancy period runs from the 1st of the month and I pay my rent on the 1st. The notes with the section 21 say I may be entitled to a repayment of rent if the...
    07-07-2021, 19:17 PM
Working...
X