Possession order query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possession order query

If a Tenant is completing a defence form against the posesssion order does the tenant send that to the landlord or do they submit that to the court and the court copy to landlord?

Ty in advance.

Send everything to the court and they will copy people as necessary.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Mandating Wifi
      by spicelord
      Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before. I'm renovating following a huge fire in the property and I'm additionally going to install Google Nest Smoke alarms to send a remote alert to my phone as well as ring an alarm for any occupants. Unfortunately this needs wifi which is the responsibility...
      24-06-2021, 01:40 AM
    • Reply to The Bailiffs Are Coming!
      by boletus
      The last full blown bailiff eviction I did was well before Covid. Using section 21 to evict a non paying, ASB, violent, drug dealing tenant's new boyfriend who made the neighbours' lives hell.

Even so, with calm hindsight, the timescale was fairly reasonable.

Section 8 on the...
      23-06-2021, 21:56 PM
    • The Bailiffs Are Coming!
      by Slackjawedyokel
      I thought I’d start a new topic, rather than hijacking others as I’ve probably been guilty of that in the past.

Nearly 20 months ago we issues an S21 to our tenants. It got close to Christmas and our tenants pleaded that they ‘just needed another week or two’ and like fools we issued...
      12-06-2021, 07:37 AM
    • Submitting claim (N1 form) with multiple defendants
      by Praky
      Hi,
      I am relatively a new landlord and complete novice in the court system and legal dispute. Can anyone please suggest me on my current situation?
      I am a landlord for HMO property, 4 tenants are staying the house and they have one guarantor in the rental agreement. They are not paying the...
      23-06-2021, 21:54 PM
    • Reply to Council tax chasing because estate agents haven't provided tenancy agreement
      by boletus
      That's a very good point. Shades of debtors' prisons.

But it works both ways. I was summonsed for non payment of council tax on a rental property. Out of 250 rubber stamped hearings I was the only defendant to turn up in person.

The council legal team agreed it had been settled...
      23-06-2021, 21:12 PM
    • Council tax chasing because estate agents haven't provided tenancy agreement
      by Most
      Hi everyone,

I am being chased by Birmingham City Council for Tax dating back 2 years.
      Duding this time the property was let out under fully managed agreement. I signed a business let agreement between my self and the Estate agent.
      Trouble is the estate agent has failed to...
      23-06-2021, 06:08 AM
    • Reply to Management of freehold problems
      by goodgirldulwich
      Hi, thanks for the advice Hudson. Part of the problem is that one of the couple is a solicitor (but not in conveyancing) and seems to know what they can get away with so I feel like I am always fighting a losing battle. I also feel that if I start with solicitors letters they will involve all the neighbours...
      23-06-2021, 20:53 PM
    • Management of freehold problems
      by goodgirldulwich
      Hello, could I get some advice because I bought a flat with a share of the freehold 11 years ago. A couple bought the other flat in the house about 5 years ago and I was unable to consent to their plans for building an extension before they moved in and they have been annoyed since that happened. A...
      23-06-2021, 20:28 PM
    • Reply to Management of freehold problems
      by Hudson01
      The solicitor you spoke with i think was right, at the moment you are seen as the weaker party in this dispute and i see no reason why they would change their ways in the future, in fact i can see them taking even more liberties It may make the flat more difficult to sell with legal action taking place,...
      23-06-2021, 20:45 PM
    • Reply to Law relating to council claiming HB back
      by Jon66
      Yes you can appeal but need to look at the specific grounds. Buy a copy of CPAG Welfare Benefits Handbook, it's all in there.
      23-06-2021, 20:38 PM
    Working...
    X