Tenant grandsons urinating in our shared back yard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by jase222 View Post
    To be honest the neighbours got what they deserved and they even burnt his fence panel and didn't even tell anyone while people were putting washing out, they even came home to find parked cars on there driveway this was going on for 2 years and he was at his wits end.

Right....... then i concur...... they were not totally innocent.

Leave a comment:

• jase222
    replied
    To be honest the neighbours got what they deserved and they even burnt his fence panel and didn't even tell anyone while people were putting washing out, they even came home to find parked cars on there driveway this was going on for 2 years and he was at his wits end.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by jase222 View Post
    My mate had a problem with a neighbours barbecue , so one Sunday last summer he had the pressure washer ready and blasted the Barby
    to kingdom come.,you wouldn't believe the mess, it was every in there shed there kitchen over the patio, funny they never did have a barbecue again.
    Wow ...... i understand we do not know the '' back story '' to this..... but that does seem somewhat harsh, having a barbecue on a nice sunny weekend with family is not along the same lines as a rave with copious amounts of weed and a sound system to rival a rock concert.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    The grandsons might have actually been useful in that circumstance.

Leave a comment:

• jase222
    replied
    My mate had a problem with a neighbours barbecue , so one Sunday last summer he had the pressure washer ready and blasted the Barby
    to kingdom come.,you wouldn't believe the mess, it was every in there shed there kitchen over the patio, funny they never did have a barbecue again.

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    Would granddaughters of the same age be doing the same?

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    She may simply have forbidden them to use her toilet.
    People can get funny about hygene, especially now with covid about.

Which also begs the question what are they doing there?
    Under lockdown rules they probably shouldn't even have been there. (Unless they were both in her support bubble).

Hudson01 also raises a good point.

Are you sure that these are her grandsons?
    Even if they are her grandsons, then are their 'friends' constantly coming and going from the property?
    Lots of push bikes or cars/taxis visiting?
    Any other signs that something unusual may be going on?

She may have been 'cuckooed', (yes even by relatives), a crime which the police do take very seriously.
    Antisocial behaviour like peeing in the garden/yard may just be one sign, have a read of this:
    https://www.manchestersafeguardingpa...dvice-for-all/

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
    Put up a cheap security camera. Real or fake. If they complain its an invasion of privacy, tell them that someone has been urinating there and you're hoping to catch them in the Act. At the very least you'll have opened the discussion and they may stop.

Is there any scope to partition the yard with screens or planters?
    Do this...... they sound awful and the exact type of people to take advantage of their elderly grandmother thus '' doing what they like '', its a common problem when young half-wits take advantage of an older relative. Difficult to deal with though, i doubt the Police will be interested, maybe the councils environmental health dept.

Leave a comment:

• royw
    replied
    Electric fencing at their favourite spot? Bet they don't do it twice 😁

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    Put up a cheap security camera. Real or fake. If they complain its an invasion of privacy, tell them that someone has been urinating there and you're hoping to catch them in the Act. At the very least you'll have opened the discussion and they may stop.

Is there any scope to partition the yard with screens or planters?

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    How old are these grandsons?? If 3yrs old, can't really complain. If 32 and 35 I 'umbly suggest you discuss the matter with them. Grannie may have already berated them & been assured it will never happen again, but has nowhere to go further: Or they might be barred from going inside (covid). She is your tenant, clearly the grandsons are (presumably) not your tenants. Where do they live?

Perhaps discuss with a solicitor and/or police if it is an offence. Would you classify yard as a public place?
    https://www.theyworkforyou.com/pbc/2...01-03-06a.31.0
    - also check any local bye-laws.

There is the point that many (including me..) prefer to pee outside during the plague, (e.g. discretely, shielded by car doors, at a motorway service station) rather than go into a building, & having to be closer to others than they wish (Covid), especially if there are blasted air hand dryers. I have to drive 380 miles round trip to my deceased brothers house to sort out probate etc, but don't venture into any building between my home & his house.

Do you have any written tenancy agreement?

You could try evicting under Case 2 but personally I wouldn't waste my money or court's time on that matter.
    https://england.shelter.org.uk/legal...ed_tenancies#4

Leave a comment:

• Tenant grandsons urinating in our shared back yard.

Hi
    2 of my tenants grandson are urinating in our shared yard.
    she is a sitting tenant that has been there for 40+ years and apart from this she is a good tenant.

I have brought this up with a tenant several times and been assured that she will put a stop to it. But it’s still going on sometimes in the middle of the day. What is the best way to deal with this?

thank you in advance for any suggestions

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Landlord demanding improvements
    by Jon66
    When there are issues surrounding communication between landlord and tenant, the best approach is to say put it in an email and we'll respond accordingly. Refuse to enter into a discussion. Your answer should always be put it in an email.

Just for future reference, when you have an inspection...
    22-06-2021, 22:37 PM
  • Landlord demanding improvements
    by insideoutcroissant
    We are the tenants, we’re in England on rolling tenancy after 12 month AST. We’ve been here almost 2 years. We pay a not insignificant amount in rent (over 20k pa). Apologies this will be long. *edit to add we’ve never ever paid late.

Since day 1, the letting agents have treated...
    22-06-2021, 15:01 PM
  • Reply to County Court Bailiffs 1 June
    by Perce
    Hello All

My tenant declared he feels unwell that is why he is not looking for another accommodation. What happens if bailiffs come and he will say he feels unwell ? I think I will have a problem with him on the day of the eviction. He won’t move. He decided that because he feels unwell...
    22-06-2021, 21:30 PM
  • County Court Bailiffs 1 June
    by Perce
    Hello

I have a warrant for repossession, the ban is over tomorrow. How long does it take to hear from the County Court Bailiffs ? 1 week ? 1 month? What is the process ?...
    31-05-2021, 11:30 AM
  • Reply to Tenant requesting rebate of rent after section 21
    by ash72
    Tell the T you will pay the 11days if they pay your 2months rent.... I'm sure the T wont bother. Just be glad you didn't have to pursue the matter through the court etc, and move onto with the next T.
    22-06-2021, 21:24 PM
  • Tenant requesting rebate of rent after section 21
    by Redrufus63
    Can you help. I served a section 21 which finished in April however tenant didn't move out until 2 months later. She didn't give me notice in any way b4 she lefy and told me eventually she was moving out 2 weeks b4 she went. She is now saying I owe her a rent refund for the 11 days when she wasn't there...
    22-06-2021, 19:57 PM
  • Reply to Section 21 Notice only or S8 also
    by buffalo747
    ash72.....It's only recently I found out I'm covered for legal expenses and yet to send information that my paperwork over the last 15 years is all in order for them to represent me in pursueing the matter and not for them to reimburse me for the loss of rent. I have until October before I can do anything...
    22-06-2021, 20:43 PM
  • Section 21 Notice only or S8 also
    by buffalo747
    Two weeks ago I issued my tenant with a S21 notice allowing just over 4 months to vacate. The tenant is already nearly three months in arrears and if I have to apply to the court for possession then baliffs perhaps, the tenants debt could easily be over £10K. The NRLA advice said that rather than issue...
    22-06-2021, 13:00 PM
    by mokka
    A landlord demanding improvements bugger me lol...
    22-06-2021, 20:39 PM
    by ash72
    If the property is in poor condition, T's now have the right to move without any fees, your on a Periodic tenancy I would had in my notice and find a better property/agent. There are plenty out there so the choice is yours....
    22-06-2021, 18:07 PM
Working...
X