New House Is Filthy and Scruffy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New House Is Filthy and Scruffy

Hi, I’m a new tenant and was just looking on some perspective.

I signed for a property via a Lettings agent recently, I was told upon signing the inventory showed some cleaning discrepancies however I don’t mind cleaning so was happy to proceed. I’d had a viewing and was told everywhere would be painted etc.

however upon further inspection the house is a complete mess, the paint is patchy and dirty, carpet is worn, stained and stinks, there are nails sticking out of the walls and patchy paint all over the doors and stair rail, it looks like it’s been painted with tippex and the house looks like a glorified crack den.

ive reported it back to the Lettings agent today and they were going to contact the LL, but I’m scared I’ll be responsible for this. I’ve just fled DV and money isn’t really a strong point at the moment. There is even pen scribbled all over the radiators and I only received the full inventory report AFTER signing.

am I liable for this or is the LAndlord or Lettings agent?

so you signed the tenancy and then received the inventory which i take it you have not signed ? I would think they are jointly liable as they ahve not done what they have said and you are unhappy with it. it is not your responsibility , they should make it a nice place which is habitable . last year i moved my son into a rented flat [ not mine ] it was not up to my standard to i spent a week painting it and doing it up .however i enjoy doing that but you should not be expected to do that

Comment

I don’t even know what to do, the house is complete squalor with nails hanging out everywhere. This is the biggest mistake of my life and I regret it already

Comment

I suggest taking a load of time/dated pictures and sending them to the agent so at least the damage etc is recorded to start with, then go from there...

Comment

Do you mean that you signed a tenancy agreement without seeing the property?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X