Waste disposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waste disposal

I have just spoken to a council officer who is trying to blame me as the landlord for tenants who put bulky waste into domestic bins.
    Given that the council collects tax from the tenants should not they approach the tenants first?
    What can a landlord do about messy tenants who do not follow rules on rubbish?

They are chancing their arm..... of course you cannot do anything about it, we are told by all parties that we, as landlords, need to treat the tenants like homeowners in their own right, allow them to take responsibility for the property and use it as an owner would.....well there you go...... suck it up local council, and deal with the person causing the problem directly.

Comment

On an earlier occasion i was threatened with a fine! They employ bullying characters to try to get us to accept a kind of supervisory role over the tenants.

Comment

Originally posted by Codger View Post
        On an earlier occasion i was threatened with a fine! They employ bullying characters to try to get us to accept a kind of supervisory role over the tenants.
        A fine !!!! What are you classed as, the carer for your tenant now

They are mad. Just tell them to jog on and stop bothering you.
        Last edited by Hudson01; 16-04-2021, 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X