Possession order question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possession order question

Got a telephone hearing early next month to get possssion order. Can anyone talk me through what is likely to happen at this please. Plus will it definitely proceed to a physical hearing ( have a date for this if it happens) or could the possession order be granted at the telephone hearing?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing happened for my review hearing, the solicitor said he had never had a call from the courts but he and I had to be available 'just in case'. The attended hearing was about 10 weeks later. Defendant didn't turn up, PO awarded together with costs. Judge wouldn't allow escalating to HCEO.

Comment

Was PO further to a S21 / S8 being issued ? And can I ask which part of the country was the judgement ?
      thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblepebble View Post
        Nothing happened for my review hearing, the solicitor said he had never had a call from the courts but he and I had to be available 'just in case'. The attended hearing was about 10 weeks later. Defendant didn't turn up, PO awarded together with costs. Judge wouldn't allow escalating to HCEO.
        Ok thanks. The attended hearing date is 4 weeks after review. Already got the date.

From what you say it sounds like both the review and the hearing have to take place before the possession order is issued. I was wondering if the possession order could be issued from the review alone.

How long did the Tennant have to vacate from the hearing?

Baliffs should be operating on june so all should be sorted then.

Comment

Tenant had 7 days as we had been informed they had left, judge wouldn't award forthwith. Due to the amount of stuff they left we have to assume they might return and are awaiting bailiffs. You are lucky you only had to wait four weeks for the attended hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leveltheplayingfield View Post
            Was PO further to a S21 / S8 being issued ? And can I ask which part of the country was the judgement ?
            thank you.
            Mine was S8 and court was Guildford

Comment

@ PebblePebble.... many thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Only 5mins is allocated for the review hearing Which takes place at the end of the day. The judge could throw out the case at this stage if paperwork incorrect. I believe if it’s in order and it’s an accelerated S21 the judge could make an P order there and then if undefended. If defended it will go to a substantive hearing, currently 2 months wait in my area. If a PO is granted Then, Ts could be given 2-6 weeks to vacate, depending on circumstances.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X