Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by royw View Post
    Could you agree with your LL to get a plumber out on the basis that if you blocked it you pay but if it's a structural problem he will?
    The landlord/agent has had a plumber look at it (as I've mentioned previously). The plumber said it needs more attention than just pouring some unblocker down it.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
      Obviously needs taking apart. I suspect your landlord has no intention of doing that, as he considers the problem to be your fault. I suggest you take photos of all the pipework so you have a guide for reassembly, then don the rubber gloves and get busy.
      I've taken apart the bits under the sink and cleaned them out etc, the problem seems to be further down the line, I'm not willing to get involved with that unfortunately.

Comment

I think you're right sushi. Keep at them. Perhaps ask them if you should call the Council. That might scare them into action.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Smoking tenant
          by Jon66
          Yes I agree with the above. Make sure you have complied with statutory requirements to ensure any s21 is valid.
          13-05-2021, 18:59 PM
        • Smoking tenant
          by renting25
          Please can you offer us advice as to whether there is any action that can be taken to stop a very serious situation of anti social behaviour.My wife and myself own 2 maisonettes a upstairs owned by me that we both live in and a downstairs that is owned by my wife and she has rented the property out...
          13-05-2021, 17:17 PM
        • Unreasonably Withholding Consent on Internal Layout Change
          by wabdiddly
          Dear All,

Looking for an opinion and some legal views behind what I can do in the following situation.

My top floor flat has rather wonky flooring, which the structural engineer's report described as "in poor condition and needs levelling to provide satisfactory living...
          13-05-2021, 18:28 PM
        • Reply to Smoking tenant
          by ash72
          You have been provided the advice by your legal council, if you want them out seek possession of the property (do it before S21 is removed), you need to now moved to the next stage which is put in an application for possession, then finally bailiffs. I would also stop complaining to the T's it is harassment,...
          13-05-2021, 17:44 PM
        • Reply to New landlord needs some advice
          by DPT57
          She wouldn't be able to rent it straight away anyway if you carry out referencing, (which you should), as this takes a few days. I get people to complete an application form too. A lot of prospective tenants are flaky on OR. Some promise to call you and you never hear from them again, even if you try...
          13-05-2021, 17:38 PM
        • New landlord needs some advice
          by wenqi
          Hi, I am just a new landlord who is renting our first property using openrent. I do need some advice from you.

We had a very lovely lady to view our house. She looked love our property and wanted to take it straight away. Because she came alone (her partner was working), my husband advised...
          12-05-2021, 19:56 PM
        • Reply to 'Replacement tenancy' issue
          by berliner
          "If the new tenancy is for a lesser rent, the tenant will remain liable to pay an amount equal to the difference between the original rent and new lower rental figure up to the end of the original fixed term."

I read in a similar post that such a clause might not be enforceab...
          13-05-2021, 17:38 PM
        • 'Replacement tenancy' issue
          by berliner
          Good afternoon and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Back in October, I found replacement tenants to take over my joint AST (without break clause) which would have run until this July. Because of Covid, I could only find someone who was willing to pay about £400 pcm less than...
          13-05-2021, 17:22 PM
        • Reply to 'Replacement tenancy' issue
          by ash72
          What was the wording on the legally binding contract you initially signed, this will state exactly what your position is, I would state you are still required to pay the shortfall, as you are still jointly responsible for the rent, it would be the same thing for a guarantor they would be liable. I would...
          13-05-2021, 17:32 PM
        • Reply to Early change of Landlord
          by islandgirl
          Indeed thank you. I don't think the agency is to blame but the owners have ducked out of their fully managed service (presumably to save money). No idea what is going on behind the scenes re the contract between the agency and the landlord! Anyway the agency are not doing things correctly and we have...
          13-05-2021, 17:27 PM
        Working...
        X