Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks

    My kitchen sink has been blocked for almost 3 weeks.

    The landlord/agent has been dragging his feet getting a plumber out and when someone did come, they confirmed my suspicions that it's something more just needing to pour some unblocker down (this is why I haven't called someone out myself to look at it, I felt it needed to be looked at "Officially") and claim its the building management's issue. I contacted the management and they said they're waiting on a builders report!!!

    In the past the landlord/agent has been absolutely amazing about fixing and replacing things, even sometimes same day. No idea why this is taking so long.

    Any ideas on how I can speed this up politely? It's becoming ridiculous.

    Thanks in advance!

    #2
    "In the past I've been really impressed about how quickly issues have been sorted, but this appears to be taking longer. If I can do anything to help this get resolved quicker please let me know, but I'd appreciate if this could be sorted ASAP as it's affecting me quite a lot. I wouldn't want this to spoil the enjoyment of the property "

    A message like that would probably be about right

    Comment


      #3
      Are you certain it's not you that's blocked it? Why would you not get someone out and pay them yourself? If it turns out to be someone else's fault, then you can forward the bill.

      Comment


        #4
        My god, the Landlord isn’t your dad. You’ve blocked the sink.....unblock it.

        Comment


          #5
          sushi

          Have you actually tried to unblock it yourself before complaining or just want some else to do it for you !

          I had a blocked sink a while back poured this https://www.mrmuscleclean.com/en-gb/...gel-unblocker?

          Left it overnight and the sink was unblocked.
          Thunderbirds are go

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by GaryGoals View Post
            My god, the Landlord isn’t your dad. You’ve blocked the sink.....unblock it.
            I have tried to unblock it with a plunger and unblocker but it didn't work. A few months ago we called out a plumber who unblocked until it happened again almost 3 weeks ago.

            That's why I'm convinced there's a problem with the whole system.

            I'd rather it be officially attended to by the landlord/agent and solved once and for all rather than me having a go at it or me getting someone out and the landlord/agent not having a record of it.

            The plumber the landlord/agent sent out last week poured One Shot down the sink and then admitted its something that requires more attention and the managing agents need to be notified.

            I feel like I'm being responsible.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by JK0 View Post
              Are you certain it's not you that's blocked it? Why would you not get someone out and pay them yourself? If it turns out to be someone else's fault, then you can forward the bill.
              We're careful when using the sink what goes down. We've called out people for things in the past and they've told us that it wasn't installed or whatever properly to start with. It seems we're suffering the consequences of shoddy workmanship and doing things on the cheap.

              Comment


                #8
                99.9999% of the time blocked kitchen sink is your problem and your fault. What do you think is the cause and how long have you lived there??

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
                  99.9999% of the time blocked kitchen sink is your problem and your fault. What do you think is the cause and how long have you lived there??
                  I'm not denying that it could our fault. However, that mixed with the plumbing job not being the best is exacerbating the issue.

                  We've lived here for 7 years.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by GaryGoals View Post
                    My god, the Landlord isn’t your dad. You’ve blocked the sink.....unblock it.
                    It might not be them tbf. This being said, I've moved into a place where the sink and the bath was blocked. I just bought drain unblocker, and used it overnight.

                    Then I got those sink strainer things. Easy

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by 45002 View Post
                      sushi

                      Have you actually tried to unblock it yourself before complaining or just want some else to do it for you !

                      I had a blocked sink a while back poured this https://www.mrmuscleclean.com/en-gb/...gel-unblocker?

                      Left it overnight and the sink was unblocked.
                      That's pricey! Lidl has the W5 stuff which does the same thing, and it's cheaper.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Try to find a thick smelliest bleach which most often works flawlessly in easing the sink's constipation assuming it is only caused by food fats.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Self sufficient View Post
                          Try to find a thick smelliest bleach which most often works flawlessly in easing the sink's constipation assuming it is only caused by food fats.
                          A plumber came out and used this: https://www.fulcare.co.uk/product/on...-cleaner-1ltr/

                          It didn't do the job. He said someone needs to look through the pipes with a camera!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by sushi View Post

                            I'm not denying that it could our fault. However, that mixed with the plumbing job not being the best is exacerbating the issue.

                            We've lived here for 7 YEARS!.
                            7 Years, and I assume the sink has been perfectly fine up until now?


                            Comment


                              #15
                              Is it a flat or a house? If it s a flat what floor do you live on? After your sink waste where does the waste pipe run? Does the waste pipe then have the shower discharge into it or a washing machine or bathroom basin. Every thing including toilet/basn/WC should have that stuff put down it.. also very good cheap home remedies available white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda, if there is still a problem after you ve cleared all the waste pipes there that’s the time to investigate the soil and vent pipe which is going to be shared with other people.

                              Comment

                              Latest Activity

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X