Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ash5050
    replied
    You could explain to them today that their refusal to deal is going to cost you £xxx which you will deem to be their responsibility. Unlikely it'd stand up in court but it might kick them into touch

Leave a comment:

• Taurus15
    replied
    They've literally said there will be no problem but they have to go through the application and this needs a letter from htb. And htb also say the same.

I don't undertand why they can't just do it like the do with others.

Yes the cladding is the external wall which is getting remediated this summer so we r hoping to sell by next summer!

​​​​​​They said it can take up to 8 weeks for the complaints procedure so that's losing the tenant and another 8 weeks where we can't save up to pay for the extra service charge and insurance premiums

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    I don't understand why they won't give you the consent in writing if they will give it verbally. Is there more to this that you're not telling us?

Leave a comment:

• ash5050
    replied
    It's very unlikely they'd find out, but not impossible and it is technically possible that a tenant could contact your mortgage lender.
    There shouldn't be any connection between utility bills, council etc and your lender. Usually it would only be other credit so if you're changing your main address that your loans credit cards etc are registered to, that will reflect on your credit report.

I'd suggest the complaint route that you've mentioned as I wouldn't recommend not having the CTL in place, if you did get found out it may mean lenders are reluctant to deal with you when you want a remortgage

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by Taurus15 View Post
    What will happen if they find out?
    They’ll blacklist you and you’ll probably never get another mortgage.
    They’ll most likely tell you to stop, and if you don’t, call in the mortgage which, from the sound of it would ruin you.
    They don’t just repossess your property, you owe them the loan amount, and, from the sound of it, the property won’t clear the debt.

What bills would flag to them I've already let out?
    Lenders use an organisation called the Hunter System to identify this kind of fraud.
    It’s not foolproof, but it has access to a shedload of data (I think it’s run by Experian, but I don’t know for sure). At some point your tenant’s are going to be identified as living somewhere with someone else’s residential mortgage secured against it.

Would my landlords insurance be void with this?
    Probably, mine would, you’d have to check the actual terms, though.

You need to get the consent to let sorted.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Taurus15 View Post
    We've got cladding issues on our flat so we need to rent out
    May I ask is this cladding issues one that's needs to removed/replaced due to fire safety concerns and Grenfell Tower fire back in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• Taurus15
    replied
    They both said yes as long as we recieved supporting evidence and permission from the other. But I can't get either of them to give permission first! I've emailed customer services above both their heads to try and get one of them to concede first.

I'm hoping by the end of the first month they'd have granted permission anyway!

Is there any way they'd find out other than returb to sender?

Eg, electoral pole or council tax?

Am I fine transferring all bills?

Leave a comment:

• ash5050
    replied
    Having your mortgage or help to buy paperwork returnedto sender would often be how they'd find out, but that's obviously avoided with a redirect.

Usually consent to lease with your mortgage might add a bit to your %age rate.

It seems like you've asked them and they've provisionally said yes - are they waiting for further info from you? From what you've said I'm assuming they agreed if you met certain conditions

Leave a comment:

• Taurus15
    started a topic Letting temporary without consent

Letting temporary without consent

We've got cladding issues on our flat so we need to rent out as can't sell for another 12 months.
    ​​​​​​Both mortgage and help to buy said they'd give consent but neither willl provide a letter first so we are at a stalemate atm. As they both said yeh no problem I got a tenant ready and they are due to move on this week.

What will happen if they find out? Realistically? I know they can ask for all the mortgage money etc but they won't wsnt to repossess a cladding flat worth zero atm.

What bills would flag to them I've already let out?

Would my landlords insurance be void with this?

Thanks for any advice

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X