Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy5390
    replied
    Thanks a lot everyone. Definitely feeling a little less stressed about things now

Leave a comment:

• Jon66
    replied
    Agree with all the above, I have one and he's great.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    For a prospective tenant, being retired is a plus for me.

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
    If your pension income is sufficient you shouldn't need an employment reference - you can't get sacked from your pension!

If you income is sufficient you shouldn't need a guarantor.

Offering to pay several months up front and continuing to pay monthly would equate to a larger deposit and is so not allowed.

Overall, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I would be happy to take you if your income is sufficient and your credit score good & perhaps take a personal reference instead.

Good luck
    I was going to say the same thing. I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    replied
    If your pension income is sufficient you shouldn't need an employment reference - you can't get sacked from your pension!

If you income is sufficient you shouldn't need a guarantor.

Offering to pay several months up front and continuing to pay monthly would equate to a larger deposit and is so not allowed.

Overall, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I would be happy to take you if your income is sufficient and your credit score good & perhaps take a personal reference instead.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Andy5390
    replied
    Never thought about how that might look. Luckily, all my money is traceable

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Yeah, of course. Though some of us are wary about canabis growers, who try this same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Looking at renting for the first time, couple of concerns

My situation is basically this - marriage separation, retired, looking to rent.
    I’ve found a flat I’m interested in (waiting for a response), and I have a couple of concerns.

1)References. I’m retired, therefore no employee references can be had. Though I do get a private pension, which I believe is well over the minimum needed for the property I’m looking at
    2) Guarantor. There is only one person I can think of that might be willing to do this, if not, what then?

My credit rating is excellent, no debts at all, or missed payments on anything for as long as I can remember. Mortgage was paid off last August.
    Would offering several months rent in advance, while continuing to pay monthly, ease a landlords concerns over the two “problems” I have. Is this something that can be done (this would be my idea, not the landlords)

If anyone has any ideas, I’d be grateful
    Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X