Abandoned flat, work required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abandoned flat, work required

Hi, It is highly likely my scum tenant has done a runner from my property 2 weeks ago. No notice or keys returned.

I spoke briefly with my solicitor. He has said we can enter the property (1st time with independent witness) and record whats left and the state. He thinks its highly unlikely she will return to sue, very public exchanges which happened and confirmation to Police from her boyfriend "...we want to get the furniture out and get away as soon as possible...."

In the interim, we have changed locks, put up a small notice advising keys etc can be collected from solicitor office. I intend to complete the remediation works we unable to do as T refused access plus the extra work now required to make the place habitable, the place is filthy. We wont relet until works are completed and we regain legal possession of the property. My questions are;

Do I contact utility companies and transfer the bills back into my name for the interim or leave until legal possession given. In the post there are letters from the companies addressed to new owner/occupier, welcoming them to the property etc. Without the possession order we are reluctant to transfer anything into our names, in case she comes back and cites illegal eviction, our concern is would we be liable for the entire energy consumption if she hasn't paid her bills and we've been accessing the property for the works. When she left the property most of the lights were left on we assume this done maliciously to run up power bill.

On June 11th the Tenant will be 2 full months rent arrears, we will use this mandatory ground to reclaim the property. There is also monthly partial rent arrears back to Nov 07, we are considering lodging this separately and immediately via online money claim. Should we separate the 2 claims or put together on the s8. She has no money, we want to get a ccj against the Tenant as a deterrent for others. No responsible LL deserves scum like her.

I look forward to reading what others did when in a similar abandonment situation. cheers

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X