Is it possible to take tenants out to live yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to take tenants out to live yourself?

Hello

If a property is sold with tenants, is it possible to take them out and live yourself?

I am referring to normal situations and not any for life tenancies or anything like that.

Thanks!

If you are referring to living in the property yourself, then the only way is to serve notice on the T's so you get possession, once you have possession of the property and if it is mortgaged you need to notify them that you want to make the property a residential and not a BTL, then you can live there. If there is no mortgage, then you only need to gain possession and live there.

Comment

Originally posted by landing View Post
      Hello

If a property is sold with tenants, is it possible to take them out
      Sounds a bit drastic, but I suppose these are difficult times for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post

Sounds a bit drastic, but I suppose these are difficult times for everyone
        i thought the same but did not say it going all Hitman Agent 47.

Comment

Originally posted by landing View Post
          Hello

If a property is sold with tenants
          More importantly landing.

Find out how long the tenants have been living there for before you buy the property, do you know how long ?
          Thunderbirds are go

Comment

If you're wanting to live there then you should buy it with vacant possession otherwise it'll be a long time before you can evict them.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Evacuation of Tenant
              by Hudson01
              Well as part of my landlords insurance i have alternative accommodation cover......... this will house the tenant should this exact thing happen, do you have such insurance ? Also why would the tenant have insurance for your property to be uninhabitable ? To be honest you are lucky they have served...
              19-04-2021, 05:49 AM
            • Evacuation of Tenant
              by berrahri
              There was a landslide and my Tenant had to be evacuated. They cannot return because access to the property is not safe.
              They had been reasonably okay Tenants, but as soon as this event occured they have treated me like the enemy! Everything I have advised appears to have been treated with suspicion...
              19-04-2021, 00:23 AM
            • Reply to DPS dispute resolution service
              by Chester Perry
              £900 deposit and the Letting Agent requested the whole deposit as the cleaning and redecorating to fix non wear & tear damage was estimated at approx £4000 and also they stole / took 2 x fridge freezers. Independent inventory on moving in and moving out backed all this yet the TDS awarded £700!...
              18-04-2021, 21:14 PM
            • DPS dispute resolution service
              by Thomasdiets123
              What's everyone's experiences with the DPS dispute service. Did you get what you claimed? Did you have good evidence to back it up?
              Thank you....
              12-04-2021, 16:37 PM
            • Reply to Rent arrears
              by Bixwier
              Have any evictions ever gone ahead since cv19?

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?
              18-04-2021, 18:09 PM
            • Rent arrears
              by MP31
              Hi

So I have a tenant who has build up large rent arrears and I have gone through the process with the solicitor of S8 for rent arrears and I have a court date In April. The tenant left the house last Monday and informed me they had left.
              To me it seems unlikely I will ever get...
              21-02-2021, 07:43 AM
            • Reply to Notice Period to Tenants
              by Bixwier

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?
              18-04-2021, 18:03 PM
            • Notice Period to Tenants
              by annam222
              Hi all,
              I rent out my flat using an estate agents let & collect service. It is rented out using an assured shorthold tenancy agreement of 12 months (no break clause). The 12 months ends in August this year. I have just been told by the estate agents that "due to Covid the law has changed...
              01-03-2021, 14:54 PM
            • Reply to County court bailiffs
              by Bixwier
              18-04-2021, 18:01 PM
            • County court bailiffs
              by Perce
              Hello All

What county court bailiffs do if they come to evict and the tenants say they are not feeling well?...
              24-02-2021, 13:42 PM
            Working...
            X