X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
    I notice that lenders are allowed to re-possess from today and don't have to grant mortgage payment deferrals. That could create a problem for landlords who can't evict.
    It's the Great Reset in operation, isn't it? (You will own nothing and be happy.) Sadly this comment is not tongue in cheek.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    I notice that lenders are allowed to re-possess from today and don't have to grant mortgage payment deferrals. That could create a problem for landlords who can't evict.

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied

The article doesn't say who is danger of losing their home due to the pandemic or why that is. I'm sure the government has no idea how many people are due to be evicted because there is no record of 'eviction' notices being given out.

"
    • introduce the Renters’ Reform Bill urgently - if section 21 'no-fault' evictions are not abolished before the pandemic ends, there will be serious consequences for renters."
    There will also be serious consequences for landlords if S21 is abolished without another option in place for landlords to gain possession of their properties. S21 is sometimes used to the tenants' benefit. Who wants to evict a good tenant for no reason, anyway? If landlords want a tenant out they'll just put the property up for sale with vacant possession, not accept any viewings and then take it off the market again.

The 6 months notice for S21 is already having a serious consequence for renters. Landlords are having to be far more choosy on who they let to.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    started a topic Eviction ban - what next?

Eviction ban - what next?

Repeated last minute extensions to ban on evictions must be replaced by a coherent exit plan out of lockdown, say MPs

Select Committee warns that government is in danger of breaking its pledge that no one will lose their home as a result of pandemic
    The second half of this article - (It's Open Access):
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/housing...ckdown-say-mps

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X