Eviction ban - what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eviction ban - what next?

Repeated last minute extensions to ban on evictions must be replaced by a coherent exit plan out of lockdown, say MPs

Select Committee warns that government is in danger of breaking its pledge that no one will lose their home as a result of pandemic
    The second half of this article - (It's Open Access):
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/housing...ckdown-say-mps

The article doesn't say who is danger of losing their home due to the pandemic or why that is. I'm sure the government has no idea how many people are due to be evicted because there is no record of 'eviction' notices being given out.

"
    • introduce the Renters’ Reform Bill urgently - if section 21 'no-fault' evictions are not abolished before the pandemic ends, there will be serious consequences for renters."
    There will also be serious consequences for landlords if S21 is abolished without another option in place for landlords to gain possession of their properties. S21 is sometimes used to the tenants' benefit. Who wants to evict a good tenant for no reason, anyway? If landlords want a tenant out they'll just put the property up for sale with vacant possession, not accept any viewings and then take it off the market again.

The 6 months notice for S21 is already having a serious consequence for renters. Landlords are having to be far more choosy on who they let to.

Comment

I notice that lenders are allowed to re-possess from today and don't have to grant mortgage payment deferrals. That could create a problem for landlords who can't evict.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
        I notice that lenders are allowed to re-possess from today and don't have to grant mortgage payment deferrals. That could create a problem for landlords who can't evict.
        It's the Great Reset in operation, isn't it? (You will own nothing and be happy.) Sadly this comment is not tongue in cheek.

Comment

'Coherent' and this govt in the same sentence is somewhat amusing. I fear we will have another form of restriction to our rights so it can follow the current ban..... this is never ending.

Comment

I spoke to bailiffs and they reckon the ban will be extended.

Comment

The documents referred to in the links in my original post are only discussion reports from the select committee to the government.
              (The gov. can, and frequently do, ignore select committee reports).

They just give an idea of what may be being considered.

Comment

My tenants will NOT lose their home due to the pandemic. I was already evicting them before anyone had heard of Covid. I wonder whether that will be taken into consideration!

Comment

Can you still evict (after any fixed term finishes) if you plan to sell your property? Even though you may "cough" struggle "cough" to "sell" your property?

Comment

Originally posted by leasee123 View Post
                    Can you still evict (after any fixed term finishes) if you plan to sell your property? Even though you may "cough" struggle "cough" to "sell" your property?
                    Not in England.
                    That would have to be a conventional section 21 notice.
                    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

JK0 i am aware of the great reset , i am seriously considering stopping paying the mortgage, if what you said about lenders repossesing is true?

Comment

Originally posted by Propertygoesup View Post
                        JK0 i am aware of the great reset , i am seriously considering stopping paying the mortgage, if what you said about lenders repossesing is true?
                        Well, that will just give them the excuse to repossess.

My point is that TPTB have wrecked thousands of jobs with their lockdowns. Those people will inevitably end up on benefits, which will make it difficult to pay the rent. At the same time, they are making it impossible for landlords to evict them, while giving the okay on repossessions.

I think I begin to see a motive in their madness.

Comment

yeah i agree with what your saying. i just want the tenant out and property gone!! ive got a warrant, but bailifs are on furlough. how come the banks are allowed to execute warrants and everyone else isnt?

Comment

how come the banks are allowed to execute warrants and everyone else isnt?
                            It's explained in this old film from the 70's:

Comment

ive got a warrant, but bailifs are on furlough. how come the banks are allowed to execute warrants and everyone else isnt?
                              That's easy, banks are big business so supported by the government, private landlords are scum who can be trampled underfoot. Far easier for them to make us pay for the pandemic.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X