Census 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Census 2021

I want to know if I should complete the Census 2021 form for my rented flat. The tenants pay the rent only I pay the gas water etc bills. Thanks

Do you live at that address? If not then you only need to fill out your own census for where you live. It would be up to the T to fill it out for themselves.

Comment

It is the occupants the census is interested in not the owner.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Agreed, the whole purpose of it is to gauge how many people live where and what ages/demographic they are, if the landlords filled them all in then what would be the point.

Comment

Originally posted by ash72 View Post
          Do you live at that address? If not then you only need to fill out your own census for where you live. It would be up to the T to fill it out for themselves.
          I am not living with them. So even my rented address received the census letter I don't need to do anything? How about the tenants? I tell them to fill up the form themselves or just leave it?
          ​​​​

Comment

It’s the tenants responsibility to complete the form online or be fined

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post
              It’s the tenants responsibility to complete the form online or be fined
              The thing is they don't open the letter I think I need to remind them.

Comment

If your the type of LL who mother's their T's so be it, but in my experience it rarely ever ends in the favour of the LL when they are too good. If the T decides not to open their credit card statement are you going to remind them to open it?

You have been the advice it is up to you to decide if it is sensible or not, and then do what you feel is appropriate. I for one have too many other things to do to worry if a T has or hasn't filled out the census form.

Comment

I believe that the only time the LL completes the census form is if the property is not let on census day.

Comment

Originally posted by Uklondoner View Post

The thing is they may have already filled it in online https://census.gov.uk/ Whoops the secret out, soz...

https://census.gov.uk/about-the-census

There is a bit on there about "who fills the census out"

Night all !
                    Thunderbirds are go

Comment

If they don't fill out the form there is a good chance a census worker will call at the premises. Think on that.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Originally posted by Uklondoner View Post
                        No, no you don't.

It's their residence and they're the people who have to complete it.
                        Why on earth do you think you need to remind them?

How do you know they've received the letter or opened it or not?
                        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X