Does a Greenhouse make a Property for Rent more attractive for future tenants.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a Greenhouse make a Property for Rent more attractive for future tenants.

I have a property which has a really nice Greenhouse in the Garden.
    It is of a reasonable size and in good condition. Electricity and Water
    Although not a gardener I wonder if when the house comes up for rent it would attract more potential renters.
    And of course it is extra storage, bicycles etc.
    Certainly when I look on line at houses for rent I have not seen one with a greenhouse.
    Any advice regarding whether to keep it gratefully received.

Get rid IIWY. It's only a lot of extra windows to get broken, or injure someone.

Comment

Well as an upside it may attract tenants who are gardeners, and gives you a change to ask them if they are keen gardeners.

The type of deadlegs who may trash your property tend not to be gardeners.

(No guarantee that they won't spend their money on plants instead of the rent though ).

You'd want a shed for bicycles etc. not a greenhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post

The type of deadlegs who may trash your property tend not to be gardeners.

I would think this also...... the usual waste of space tenants we all do not want i doubt would have green fingers enough to make use of a greenhouse (cannabis farms excluded).

Comment

I think it is a danger to children and may result in you having to maintain it - and the glass breaks frequently. I would remove it.

Comment

100% get rid of it now otherwise let is waiting to get broken

just to clarify you say it has water and lighting are you sure this is not a shed? In which case that is different it's effectively storage and worth keeping

Comment

I have yet to find a tenant who will actually do the garden (even though they insist on having one) let alone take care of a greenhouse. Agree will all the points above. Get it on Ebay - buyer removes.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

im sure a few renters would like a greenhouse, i know i would. most probably wont care.

Comment

Back in my days of renting we'd have loved one.

You wouldn't be responsible for someone getting injured just as you wouldn't if someone decides to chuck themselves through one of the house windows.
                  And if the greenhouse is damaged then that's the tenant responsibly to fix, with a deposit claim if necessary.

Comment

Yes of course legally ypu aoklsnt be responsible BUT tenant would still blame you (this how they can he sometimes)

Comment

The market of serious gardening loving renters is probably quite small.

Comment

I think it probably would - every tenant's a gardener until it comes round to actually gardening! On a serious note, the glass might be regarded as a hazard for children if it's not safety glass and the electrics are just another thing to be checked for the electrical certs.

You could probably get some safety film to apply to the glass.

I'd keep the greenhouse and put film on the glass. It might already have safety glass in it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X