Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bixwier
    replied
    Have any evictions ever gone ahead since cv19?

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?

Leave a comment:

• Jon66
    replied
    There's a challenge available under Article 6 and another one, might be Article 1 of the 1st protocol if it goes on much beyond covid which is a reasonable excuse for only so long.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by Perce View Post
    Hudson01

I agree. But when there would not be a carnage ? It looks like it will be extended forever.
    I totally agree, the longer this goes on the worse it gets for the tenants and the govt (i did not mention LL's as no one cares about us).

They are digging a hole that i bet they cannot see a way out of.

Leave a comment:

• Perce
    replied
    Hudson01

.... there would be carnage and all the left wing would be up in arms and the name of the ' Landlord ' would be even lower than it is now, i can see it being extended again"

I agree. But when there would not be a carnage ? It looks like it will be extended forever.

Leave a comment:

• Bixwier
    replied
    What’s the latest?

Leave a comment:

• Bixwier
    replied
    Courts seem to be throwing out cases on any little excuse to lessen the backlog but all these cases just rejoin down the line

kicking the can but it will need to be kicked again

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by Bixwier View Post
    The back log is currently at least 18 months
    Worse than i thought

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    An agent or landlord cannot, may not, legally impossible to to prevent a periodic happening. Agent does what you say, not other way around.

Leave a comment:

• Bixwier
    replied
    The back log is currently at least 18 months

Leave a comment:

• annam222
    replied
    Ah oh I see, well that is perfect if periodic just takes it place. I was not given that as an option by the estate agent when I renewed to another 12 month agreement in August 2020. I shall join NRLA, I know so little and really depend on the agent guiding me- but I know they won't necessarily always tell me to what what is best for me as the landlord.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    Originally posted by annam222 View Post
    I didn't realise that a section 21 had to be served, this is my first time renting out my flat. I thought that once the 12 month period ended that we either renew or the agreement just ends.
    It does just end, but a periodic tenancy arises to take its place. I would recommend joining NRLA. Even with an agent its important to know at least the basics.

Leave a comment:

• annam222
    replied
    Yes I really do not want to serve anything formal. I will let them know in a few months that I am considering selling the flat in approx May next year. If I can then switch to periodic month by month from August this year then hopefully that means I can avoid any long notice period. But I won't bring forward the rough timeline of May to put the property up for sale.
    Thank you so much for your help.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    The best thing to do is to talk to the tenants and let them know about the possibility of selling the property.
    That gives them plenty of time to plan their move and find somewhere else to live.

If you go straight to a formal notice it can do a lot of damage to the relationship.
    You're months ahead of needing them to move out, and there's no point causing you all stress and pressure for no reason.

And in the meantime make sure that you're in a position to serve notice if you have to.

Leave a comment:

• annam222
    replied
    Thank you very much. I didn't realise that a section 21 had to be served, this is my first time renting out my flat. I thought that once the 12 month period ended that we either renew or the agreement just ends.
    I may want to sell the flat in Spring next year so I had queried with the estate agents if when August arrives that rather than signing for another 12 months that we switch to periodic rolling month by month. Really helpful to know this so I can get a plan in place. The tenants have been great, no issues at all.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by KTC View Post
    The increase ends at the end of this month, meaning if it's not extended it'll be quicker for you to wait till next month to serve notice. However, no one here can say for certain whether the increase would be extended or not.
    If i were a betting man..............if this ended on the day it should..... there would be carnage and all the left wing would be up in arms and the name of the ' Landlord ' would be even lower than it is now, i can see it being extended again.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X