Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTC
    replied
    Yes. To evict a tenant with a assured shorthold tenancy, a section 8 or section 21 notice must be served by the landlord to the tenant. The tenancy does not end on its expiry. If tenant does not leave either with or without the landlord's agreement, then landlord would be required to go to court for a possession order and then have it executed by bailiffs or HCEOs.

The minimum length of a section 21 notice is normally two months, but this was increased to six months in response to COVID-19. The increase ends at the end of this month, meaning if it's not extended it'll be quicker for you to wait till next month to serve notice. However, no one here can say for certain whether the increase would be extended or not.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    6 months min if s21, s8 varies depending on grounds. How many month's rent owing please, any other grounds?

Leave a comment:

• annam222
    started a topic Notice Period to Tenants

Notice Period to Tenants

Hi all,
    I rent out my flat using an estate agents let & collect service. It is rented out using an assured shorthold tenancy agreement of 12 months (no break clause). The 12 months ends in August this year. I have just been told by the estate agents that "due to Covid the law has changed with regards to landlords notice periods. 6 months’ notice must now be served, whereas only 2 months’ requires before."
    Please could someone tell me if this is correct? I have to give the tenants 6 months notice?
    Thanks very much,
    Anna

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X