Your move references

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your move references

Can anyone give me any information on your move referencing please?

myself and my husband have paid holding deposit and been down with our passports to arrange right to rent check. They have advised referencing is done through Experian or equifax and that it’s nothing to worry about.

my husband has a couple of defaults which he is currently paying back. We have no ccjs, bankruptcies, ivas or insolvencies. We are both in long term employment and earn over 2.5 x rent amount, we have privately rented for 11 years and never missed a payment so we will get a great reference from landlord and been on electoral roll all that time.

we really want this house

I assume you informed the agent about the current defaults you are paying off ??? And given what you say about the rent being paid on time all the time i can see that as the main event for most landlords. Not everyone can be totally clean on their application but these days with the changes the govt have introduced it is more important than ever that a LL gets the very best tenant they can.

Comment

She only asked if we had any ccjs, bankruptcies or ivas to which we advised we didn’t and her reply was ‘ah don’t worry even if you did have there’s ways around that’ I see some people say that your have a full credit check and others say only publicly available information is checked? Do you know which?

Comment

They will check your credit reference through Experian/Equifax, you said, so that will show up defaults and be reflected in your credit score.

Comment

Any landlord or agent getting an unwelcome surprise through the referencing report will likely reject the tenants and you may lose your holding deposit if it was properly processed. You should have volunteered the information.

Comment

Well it’s ok as I’ve just spoken to the letting agent and advised my credit score and file is perfect and my husbands is poor and she said it wasn’t a problem as if it comes back to decline then as long as we have a guarantor who earns 2.5 x annual rental amount then it won’t be an issue. Thankfully she was very accommodating and helpful and thanked us for being honest in fact telling me I was worrying far more than I needed to!!

Comment

I was specifically told the letting agents see nothing but a yes or no. They never see a credit score, credit report, credit agreements etc as that is completely private. She said the references and done as a soft search on a credit file as it’s not a credit application! They’re simply checking there are no ccjs, ivas, dro’s, insolvencies or bankruptcies to which there aren’t!

Comment

Agents seem to get a basic recommendation, yes, yes but only with guarantor or no.
                As I don't rent with guarantors, the only result I'd personally accept is yes.
                When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                  Agents seem to get a basic recommendation, yes, yes but only with guarantor or no.
                  As I don't rent with guarantors, the only result I'd personally accept is yes.
                  Ditto, i do not accept guarantors, so its a binary choice for me.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Pls help! Run out of options!
                    by ash72
                    Was a Gas or EPC given prior to the T moving in? If so the EPC would still be valid, the Gas would be a little harder, the only option is to inform the Agent to serve a notice requiring access (providing 24 hours notice) if this doesn't work the only option is to take the T to court to gain access....
                    19-04-2021, 17:33 PM
                  • Pls help! Run out of options!
                    by simon889
                    Hello all

Firstly let me confirm I have tried to find an answer to my query on the forum already in case it has been discussed before but haven’t found anything with the same problems.

Long story. Tenant moved in with his sister in 2017. She was responsible for paying the...
                    19-04-2021, 17:18 PM
                  • Reply to Compensation from Tenants
                    by DPT57
                    You have no idea what state the property will be in when they leave and whether you will need a few days to get repairs done. In my view it's unwise to try to go for no time between tenancies, especially if the tenants don't leave when they're supposed to....
                    19-04-2021, 17:08 PM
                  • Compensation from Tenants
                    by LL_LonST
                    Greetings
                    I have been a LL for some time. My tenants have been great for the last 3 years, very polite and nice.
                    They are leaving now and I have put my property on the rental market.
                    But they are refusing to allow prospective tenants in-person viewings due to covid fears. The clause...
                    12-04-2021, 14:26 PM
                  • Reply to Renting Airbnb for Longer Than 28 Days
                    by DPT57
                    I would make it weekly and its not enough to just clean the common areas. You need to clean their bedrooms too....
                    19-04-2021, 17:03 PM
                  • Renting Airbnb for Longer Than 28 Days
                    by Mr. Sparkle
                    I have an airbnb in London

I just received an enquiry from a potential guest that wants to book my property for about 45 days

What I want to know is whether there are any risks with this?

I remember hearing something something like the guest have more rights after...
                    17-04-2021, 14:52 PM
                  • Reply to Eviction advice
                    by theartfullodger
                    Until you serve a valid s21 and/or s8 nothing is going to happen. Serve them TODAY having checked they are valid.

No offence, but why the delay, please?
                    19-04-2021, 17:01 PM
                  • Eviction advice
                    by ba_baracuss
                    Hi, I have a tenant who is now several months in arrears. She has changed her phone number and does not answer the door. I've sent an informal letter asking her to get in touch, which has been ignored. She's been pretty flaky for a while and it seems like she's decided to stick her head in the sand...
                    12-04-2021, 15:16 PM
                  • Reply to Compensation from Tenants
                    by theartfullodger
                    Offer them rent reduction & excellent written reference (if they deserve it) for whatever benefits you wish to list.

A sensible tenant would, IMHO, want at least 50% off.

If you'd started like that you probably would have got away with 1/2 that...
                    19-04-2021, 16:58 PM
                  • Reply to Tenant grandsons urinating in our shared back yard.
                    by Hudson01
                    Wow ...... i understand we do not know the '' back story '' to this..... but that does seem somewhat harsh, having a barbecue on a nice sunny weekend with family is not along the same lines as a rave with copious amounts of weed and a sound system to rival a rock concert....
                    19-04-2021, 16:58 PM
                  Working...
                  X