Your move references

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your move references

Can anyone give me any information on your move referencing please?

myself and my husband have paid holding deposit and been down with our passports to arrange right to rent check. They have advised referencing is done through Experian or equifax and that it’s nothing to worry about.

my husband has a couple of defaults which he is currently paying back. We have no ccjs, bankruptcies, ivas or insolvencies. We are both in long term employment and earn over 2.5 x rent amount, we have privately rented for 11 years and never missed a payment so we will get a great reference from landlord and been on electoral roll all that time.

we really want this house

I assume you informed the agent about the current defaults you are paying off ??? And given what you say about the rent being paid on time all the time i can see that as the main event for most landlords. Not everyone can be totally clean on their application but these days with the changes the govt have introduced it is more important than ever that a LL gets the very best tenant they can.

Comment

She only asked if we had any ccjs, bankruptcies or ivas to which we advised we didn’t and her reply was ‘ah don’t worry even if you did have there’s ways around that’ I see some people say that your have a full credit check and others say only publicly available information is checked? Do you know which?

Comment

They will check your credit reference through Experian/Equifax, you said, so that will show up defaults and be reflected in your credit score.

Comment

Any landlord or agent getting an unwelcome surprise through the referencing report will likely reject the tenants and you may lose your holding deposit if it was properly processed. You should have volunteered the information.

Comment

Well it’s ok as I’ve just spoken to the letting agent and advised my credit score and file is perfect and my husbands is poor and she said it wasn’t a problem as if it comes back to decline then as long as we have a guarantor who earns 2.5 x annual rental amount then it won’t be an issue. Thankfully she was very accommodating and helpful and thanked us for being honest in fact telling me I was worrying far more than I needed to!!

Comment

I was specifically told the letting agents see nothing but a yes or no. They never see a credit score, credit report, credit agreements etc as that is completely private. She said the references and done as a soft search on a credit file as it’s not a credit application! They’re simply checking there are no ccjs, ivas, dro’s, insolvencies or bankruptcies to which there aren’t!

Comment

Agents seem to get a basic recommendation, yes, yes but only with guarantor or no.
                As I don't rent with guarantors, the only result I'd personally accept is yes.
                When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                  Agents seem to get a basic recommendation, yes, yes but only with guarantor or no.
                  As I don't rent with guarantors, the only result I'd personally accept is yes.
                  Ditto, i do not accept guarantors, so its a binary choice for me.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to DPS dispute resolution service
                    by Chester Perry
                    £900 deposit and the Letting Agent requested the whole deposit as the cleaning and redecorating to fix non wear & tear damage was estimated at approx £4000 and also they stole / took 2 x fridge freezers. Independent inventory on moving in and moving out backed all this yet the TDS awarded £700!...
                    18-04-2021, 21:14 PM
                  • DPS dispute resolution service
                    by Thomasdiets123
                    What's everyone's experiences with the DPS dispute service. Did you get what you claimed? Did you have good evidence to back it up?
                    Thank you....
                    12-04-2021, 16:37 PM
                  • Reply to Rent arrears
                    by Bixwier
                    Have any evictions ever gone ahead since cv19?

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?
                    18-04-2021, 18:09 PM
                  • Rent arrears
                    by MP31
                    Hi

So I have a tenant who has build up large rent arrears and I have gone through the process with the solicitor of S8 for rent arrears and I have a court date In April. The tenant left the house last Monday and informed me they had left.
                    To me it seems unlikely I will ever get...
                    21-02-2021, 07:43 AM
                  • Reply to Notice Period to Tenants
                    by Bixwier

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?
                    18-04-2021, 18:03 PM
                  • Notice Period to Tenants
                    by annam222
                    Hi all,
                    I rent out my flat using an estate agents let & collect service. It is rented out using an assured shorthold tenancy agreement of 12 months (no break clause). The 12 months ends in August this year. I have just been told by the estate agents that "due to Covid the law has changed...
                    01-03-2021, 14:54 PM
                  • Reply to County court bailiffs
                    by Bixwier
                    18-04-2021, 18:01 PM
                  • County court bailiffs
                    by Perce
                    Hello All

What county court bailiffs do if they come to evict and the tenants say they are not feeling well?...
                    24-02-2021, 13:42 PM
                  • Reply to New AST under probate
                    by PGTV
                    I suppose someone has to pay for all this furlough money, so why not tax the dead more.

no wonder everyone is on a scam or fiddle. You can be like my parents - honest all their lives, but are getting hammered in death taxes. And both were failed by the NHS too
                    18-04-2021, 17:27 PM
                  • New AST under probate
                    by PGTV
                    Hi. Quick question

property portfolio is under probate.

the land-lady (Mum) used the family office address as the landlord address on the tenancy agreement, rather than her home address. Always did this for 20 odd years.

Under probate, I have to sign a new tenancy...
                    16-04-2021, 14:51 PM
                  Working...
                  X