S21 Notice Wales – Tenant NOT vacated property + Tenancy Deposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S21 Notice Wales – Tenant NOT vacated property + Tenancy Deposit

Please can advise me of the best current avenue to proceed after a tenant has NOT vacated a property having been served a S21 Notice.?
    Facts about the situation:
    1. Welsh AST, rolled over to SPT
    2. S21 Notice served with sufficient 6 months’ notice
    3. S21 Notice and subsequent documentation sent via Royal Mail recorded delivery
    4. Tenant is also one month in arrears with rental payment
    5. Tenant denies receiving ANY such notice documentation
    Given the situation, Tenancy Deposit, what is the situation with the deposit, should I just advise deposit company of my current position and seek advice.?

I would be most grateful to receive any advice

Go to court for an order for possession and then evict (when you're allowed to)?

S21 Notice and subsequent documentation sent via Royal Mail recorded delivery
    What does Royal Mail website say about delivery?
    I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Thank you, which possession order process do I require, is there a possession order form.?

Do I require an accelerated or standard possession order.?

Royal Mail website confirms the tenant has formally acknowledged the S21 notice document, "signed for" etc, so there is proof of delivery

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ated-procedure

https://sheltercymru.org.uk/get-advi...thold-tenants/
        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

I thank you for your response as your advice on the legal manner pertaining to eviction of this tenant was gratefully received.!

One further question, this tenant is also currently in TWO months arrears with rental payments in addition to totally ignoring S.21 having been served 6 months notice, therefore in addition to the N5B notice, should a Section 8 notice be also served in relation to the rental payment arrears or would this be a waste of time.?

Comment

Section 8 on rent arrears is also six months notice at the moment. There's no reduction for large (six months) amount of arrears like in England.

I don't know if there's any allowance for enforcement for large amount of arrars like in England, or whether it's currently banned across the board.

Comment

Thank you, the best route forward is obliviously to evict this tenant is with the current N5B, subsequently ignore the rental arrears issue(Section 8) to a consequent date

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X