County court bailiffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display name - did you do a pre action letter ?

Comment

I didn't, but since the tenant hasn't engaged at any stage, including attending hearings, complying with orders, responding to texts, emails and letters, I think it's a good claim. He wouldn't even respond to requests to allow access to the Gassafe plumber for safety checks. The guidance says that the court expects you AND the tenant to try to settle. It would be a hard-ass judge to deny this claim, but as I say, I'm completely new to this - possibly a little naive.

Comment

Is it possible that even though I have a county court warrant that the government will not lift the ban on evictions for S21 PO after the lockdown is over ?

Comment

Originally posted by Perce View Post
          Is it possible that even though I have a county court warrant that the government will not lift the ban on evictions for S21 PO after the lockdown is over ?
          No.
          If they did that, it would be subject to a legal challenge by someone and they'd lose.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by Display name View Post
            Also, I'm completing the MCOL application now for submission tomorrow, before the tenant has even left because, a) I've no idea where he'll disappear to and b) I've next to zero chance of recovering any money. I've no experience of this and am completely winging it, so I won't be offended if anyone thinks this is a bad idea. I'll pay the fee (£410), get a nice warm feeling inside (assuming the CCJ is granted) then move on.
            Nice one , sorry to hear and see how much much suffered but thank goodness its reached an end point . Great move to get the CCJ at least it will make there life difficult to even get a mobile phone contract.

With these types that don't engage the only thing they understand is action. Words means nothing to them , they simply ignore until action is taken eg they only pay the electricity bill when its cut off

Comment

JPKeats - thanks. All sorts of terrible scenarios are in my head.

Blinko - you have described my tenant. Only action. Then complains.

Comment

jpkeates Thankyou also- similar situation!

Comment

Slackjawedyokel -

We need to keep our fingers crossed judging by the news on BBC about possible resurgence in summer and further lockdowns.

Comment

There's a huge difference between changing things temporarily as a response to a crisis and making a retrospective change that damages someone's business or livelihood.

It's why there's such a problem forcing businesses and individuals who own tower blocks to fix the problem with the buildings - it requires legislation that has a retrospective and negative effect on contracts and agreements.
                    None of which helps the poor sods living in potentially unsafe homes with massive negative equity.
                    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Perce Yes; fingers well and truly crossed that S21 evictions can resume by the summer, rather than being kicked into the long grass until the end of the summer (when covid may well be on the ascendant) like they did last year.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X