Virgin has damaged my property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hudson01 View Post
    they should be doing the right thing and getting it sorted, but as we know a lot of big companies make the money they do because they don't do the right thing.
    But it's so short sighted for stupid things like this.

This could have been a hugely positive experience which the OP would be telling people about for years with a nice positive story, Virgin were brilliant about it, sorted out the problem etc etc.

Instead, they hacked off someone to the point that they came to a public place to moan about it, which means that lots of people now think less of the company and this is going to be here for years with lots of people forming the same opinion.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Please don't shoot me down in flames, but I still think it needs some legal input when all the facts are know, various contracts/agreements etc etc. these are only going to be know when/if the OP either goes to seek legal advice, or, makes it known on here.
      It's all well and good offering advice through this forum, ( and it's a brilliant place for that I might add ), but we need all the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
        But as a general point, agreeing in a contract X not to enter into another contract Y doesn't affect the validity of contract Y if it is created.
        I think it has to depend on the nature of the contract. What is relevant here is that the arrangement involves the grant of a right and you cannot grant a right if you have no power to grant it. The question is whether a covenant not to grant a right means you have no power to grant it. What cannot be in doubt is that the right cannot survive the end of the tenancy.

Comment

Looks like landlords won't be able to stop tenants installing broadband - it's basically going to be like any other utility.
          Same rights for long leaseholders - freeholders will have to facilitate installations.

https://www.landlordzone.co.uk/news/...LZ_TW_February
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X