Rent arrears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep the solicitor is happy the tenancy has ended, the tenant gave a few weeks notice of leaving and returned the keys.

Thanks for that information, that's really helpful. I assume The Mcol isn't affected by having a court date and cancelling it? Can I do it a while after the tenancy ends as I will see if the tenant wants to make any effort to pay off his arrears.

Many thanks

Comment

Have any evictions ever gone ahead since cv19?

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?

Comment

can anyone recommend a no fee no find service to find tenants, my tenant owes me about £5k and I'm considering going after him or at least have the satisfaction of registering CCJ against him and his wife.

He is so dumb though that he will spend more money trying to avoid the debt than it does to settle it

Comment

Have you still got a contact number for them? Text them immediately asking for a forwarding address saying you need to write to them about the outstanding arrears. Do this before he changes his number. If he doesn't reply ask again saying you will write to him at his last known address (that'll probably be the property) and suggest that if he's not going to give you a forwarding address then he should have his mail redirected by Royal Mail. Then start the money claim process.

No need to search for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Movieman View Post
            can anyone recommend a no fee no find service to find tenants,
            I've seen a similar request on another forum...
            http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=138638

Comment

Originally posted by Bixwier View Post
              Have any evictions ever gone ahead since cv19?

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?
              I've got bailiffs in a couple of weeks which is just over six weeks after the court case for a S8.

Comment

Originally posted by Bixwier View Post
                It’s throwing good money after bad

just be grateful you have the property back and move on
                What an ignorant thing to say. Why should landlords allow people to get away with this?

Personally, I would go ahead with the hearing. You don't need your solicitor for this. Go with your proof of unpaid rent etc and get an order to include the costs.

Even if this tenant was not working or receiving furlough, he could of, or should of claimed UC to claim the HB element. To me it would make sense to go ahead with this. If he does not pay, you can enforce it anytime up to 6 years.

Comment

I agree the balance is in your favour, if he comes in to money eg inheritance etc or just grows up into a mature adult then they will eventually try and remove it eg paying you something

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X