Nominated by one director and refused by another! Please help asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nominated by one director and refused by another! Please help asap

Hi, I have an EGM coming up tomorrow so this is short notice and there are currently 2 directors. One of the directors has nominated me to become a director (they own 20 properties) The other remaining director does not want me to join the company of directors and in the meeting they will refuse me to become a director because they have 38 properties (18 more than the other director that's voting me in. Does that mean I can be refused to join them? I own 2 properties and tried every year to join as a director but failed.

What do the articles of the company say about the procedure?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I can't find any information on there about being refused to be a director.

Comment

There must be something about how a director is appointed.
        Or how decisions have to be made more generally.

If there are two directors only and it has to be a majority, for instance, there's no getting past the one director's veto.

I can't imagine that the number of properties each director owns is a factor.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X