X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomasdiets123
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice guys.
    We have viewed the property and loved it. We made clear in our email to landlord that the hard work they have put in to the property would be at the front of out minds at all times.
    We also offered to pay 3 months of rent up front.
    Hoping for the best but know there's lots of interest.

Leave a comment:

• Whit
    replied
    I do all my own viewings and I tend to choose tenants on the following criteria:

Do I think they will pay the rent on time
    Do I think they will look after the property
    Do they seem open and honest
    Do they smoke (a lot of tenants say they don’t but I’ve seen some of mine smoking outside)
    Have they got any pets (sorry but it’s a no from me if you’ve got any pets)

And these are some of the reasons why prospective tenants have never heard from me again:

Tenant wanted to replace my newly laid carpets himself with wooden floor
    Tenant wanted to change my neutral decor to fit in with his own tastes
    Tenant wanted to negotiate a decrease in rent even before we’d got anywhere near the referencing stage
    Tenant didn’t want me to do the credit checks as they didn’t have a UK bank account

There are more reasons but you get the gist.

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    Originally posted by hybrice View Post

£25/month is a drop in the bucket for a Landlord if you don't appear to be a good tenant. You could offset an entire years' value of the increase if you failed to pay even one month, so I doubt you'll sway them with that.

References also don't mean a great deal, it's poor practice but everyone knows somebody who gave a reference "just to be rid" of a problem tenant...
    Whilst I agree that £25 is a drop in the ocean, if you are equal place to somebody else, £25 extra might just put you ahead.

....... and don't get a pet.

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    replied
    Wanting to stay longterm is defiantly a plus

Leave a comment:

• Thomasdiets123
    replied
    Hudson01,

Thank you for that. I'll keep to the basics and try not to overthink the process then.
    Whatever will be will be.
    I will let them know we are long term tenants who have never missed a payment and always looked after the homes we have lived in.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    The best bet is to simply sell yourself as really good tenants who look after the place and pay the rent, these two things alone are the big ones we all go for, but you need to prove it to the agent/landlord.

Leave a comment:

• Thomasdiets123
    replied
    Originally posted by hybrice View Post

£25/month is a drop in the bucket for a Landlord if you don't appear to be a good tenant. You could offset an entire years' value of the increase if you failed to pay even one month, so I doubt you'll sway them with that.

References also don't mean a great deal, it's poor practice but everyone knows somebody who gave a reference "just to be rid" of a problem tenant...
    Thanks for the advice.
    I will most likely not offer the extra money then.

Leave a comment:

• hybrice
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomasdiets123 View Post
    Furthermore to this, the reason we are moving is a section 21. I have been honest about this and there is no reason other than our current landlord is selling up, he has assured us of a good reference, and we are working with him to help the property sell

Leave a comment:

• Thomasdiets123
    replied
    Furthermore to this, the reason we are moving is a section 21. I have been honest about this and there is no reason other than our current landlord is selling up, he has assured us of a good reference, and we are working with him to help the property sell

Leave a comment:

• Thomasdiets123
    replied
    Thank you for replies so far, furthermore we have a guarantor for this property and have always used one, this isn't due to bad credit, just because our income is slightly under the threshold. Regardless in 5 years of renting we have never so much as made a late payment.

Regards
    Thomas

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    replied
    In this situation the LL will take the tenant least likely, in their opinion, to cause a problem.

The only thing you can do is ensure your credit history is impeccable, your references superb and your last LL entirely happy with how you left the place. If you are consistently doing these things you will be high on a LLs list. You may not get this property, but you will get one eventually.

PS Don't get a pet!!

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    My agent (pre-plague) carried out open day bookings and we would regularly get offers about the asking price from people who had found their perfect place and seen the interest of other people.

Most of them ended up taking the property, but there were a few who I suspect were hoping that the increased rent would by-pass the usual tenant vetting, as they subsequently failed it.

I'd make it clear what it is about the place that makes it perfect for you.

Leave a comment:

• I'm a tenant wiling to offer more rent money than listed

Good afternoon.

Tomorrow morning we are viewing a property which is perfect fo us in everyway.
    The estate agents gathers those who are interested and discuss with the landlord over who would be best suited to take the property.

I am tempted to offer an extra £25 per month. But unsure if this will make me look good and sway the decision, or might have the opposite effect and make me look bad.

Any help appreciated

Thomas

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X