Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    The key element is a household.
    If a polyamorous group is one household, they'd be fine.
    How would a group prove they're polyamorous? Or how would a council prove that it wasn't a polyamorous relationship? Would a landlord who accepted a group be fined should they, the LL, not be able to prove the group is polyamorous? How amorous does a group have to be to be classed as polyamorous? Do the members of the group have to just say that it's the case?

Hmmmmmmm........................... I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been a case highlighted anywhere where there's been an issue.

Comment

Berlingogirl I'd hope that anyone in a council leadership team, confronted with a hyper keen housing officer would be mindful of the possible publicity and quietly ignore that particular HMO...
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post

Blimey, correction as well, off into Sado-masacism eh?
        Don't knock it unless you've tried it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Options if eviction ban is not lifted
          by Perce
          Slackjawedyokel - thanks. Optimism help as there is no other option.

I have made an offer/present to my T. to cancel many months of arrears for many thousands. Dead silence. So more ccjs to follow.

Good luck with the jab !...
          16-04-2021, 12:43 PM
        • Options if eviction ban is not lifted
          by Perce
          Hello All

I am waiting for an eviction ban to be lifted but as time goes I lose hope that it will happen in the near future or ever. What then are our options to get our property back if the tenant never moves out ? My tenant won’t move out until bailiffs evict him. I have PO based...
          16-04-2021, 10:07 AM
        • Reply to Waste disposal
          by Hudson01
          A fine !!!! What are you classed as, the carer for your tenant now

They are mad. Just tell them to jog on and stop bothering you....
          16-04-2021, 12:09 PM
        • Waste disposal
          by Codger
          I have just spoken to a council officer who is trying to blame me as the landlord for tenants who put bulky waste into domestic bins.
          Given that the council collects tax from the tenants should not they approach the tenants first?
          What can a landlord do about messy tenants who do not follow...
          16-04-2021, 10:47 AM
        • Reply to Options if eviction ban is not lifted
          by Slackjawedyokel
          I continue to keep my fingers crossed 🤞 (although that does make typing on a touch screen difficult!)

I’m just hoping that the relaxation of lockdown goes well, as does the rollout of the vaccine (off for mine in about an hour), and that the Govt has no reason to continue with the...
          16-04-2021, 11:57 AM
        • Reply to Estate Agent fees
          by ash5050
          You are asking for management, if you just want them to find you a tenant they'll probably do that for a flat fee instead
          16-04-2021, 11:55 AM
        • Estate Agent fees
          by Affinity
          Hi.
          I need to find a new tenant for my one bedroom flat. As I have a new job and have little time to find tenants etc I have approached an estate agent.
          Does it sound reasonable to you getting charged 9 per cent +vat monthly for the management of the property (which also includes fee...
          15-04-2021, 21:39 PM
        • Reply to Estate Agent fees
          by DPT57
          Is the agent any good?...
          16-04-2021, 11:52 AM
        • Reply to If I move out, do I become a landlord?
          by DPT57
          I would put nothing in writing if I were you or make too many specific promises. If your alternative accommodation doesn't work out, you may need to move back in. Likewise if you discover she is not looking after the property or abusing your more than generous offer....
          16-04-2021, 11:50 AM
        • If I move out, do I become a landlord?
          by frabjous
          I own a house in England in my sole name, and my girlfriend and I have lived there since I bought it. She signed a deed of postponement at the time, which was required by the mortgage provider.

Our relationship has now broken down - reasonably amicably as these things go, though I doubt...
          15-04-2021, 18:58 PM
        Working...
        X