How to advertise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to advertise?

We have a student house and flat and have only ever advertised them via the university's accommodation service. It's low cost, has no fees to students and to be accepted the property has to be a decent standard. I've just gone online to renew the advert for next year and got a message saying the service is closed until further notice!

So, where is good to advertise a student let? We manage them ourselves and I don't really want to get involved with agents as have only ever heard bad things. How do we get the properties in front of students?

If the property is primarily serving one college then check with the Student Union whether there is an alternative. When I used to let to students, the college webpage for accommodation closed one day and was replaced by a Facebook group which I assume was administered by some of the students.

Comment

It's likely the Univesity's accommodation site is closed because they will only be doing online teaching this year and so students don't/won't need accommodation local to the Uni.

Comment

May need to re-think your plans for this year, and rent to non-students until the pandemic is under control. You can always give it to an agent on a tenant finding basis only.

Comment

Thanks all. No huge rush as current tenants are in place until mid August. Just got a shock as that's our way to advertise and (in normal years) that process happens in January. Hopefully will work out over the next few months.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by bethy View Post
            No huge rush as current tenants are in place until mid August.​​​
            As long as they don't decide they want to leave early because they can study online just as easily from mum & dads house without paying rent.

I expect that student rentals will be quiet this year, and then a sudden rush when they announce that they are going back to classroom teaching again and so the students have to get back to uni and find somewhere close by to live.

So instead of calmly looking for accomodation to rent now they will probably all be in a panic to find somewhere in July/August instead.
            Which should make it a strong market for LL's.

Comment

openrent - very cheap to get on Rightmove - and dont need to use them for anything else (though referencing is cheap and effective too)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X