Tenant refusing access for EPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaryGoals View Post

Thanks everyone for the responses. They were given the gas safety, Oil Safety, electrical safety and EPC on moving in. I notified them that we were going to sell the property and a section 21 would be served etc. It's like I flicked a switch in their head to become difficult. Ever since they have just been trashing the house, becoming difficult. This will be my last time as a Landlord, I don't know how you seasoned Landlords do it, you must be made of steel lol.
    tenants get fed up of moving and having houses sold from underneath them when they like it there and want to stay. in your case its obvious the tenant is going to be extremely unhelpful in helping you to sell your house, because they know that you cannot advertise it for sale without an in date EPC. then they will not allow valuations, viewings e.t.c e.t.c basically they will try to prevent you selling until they are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryGoals View Post

Thanks everyone for the responses. They were given the gas safety, Oil Safety, electrical safety and EPC on moving in. I notified them that we were going to sell the property and a section 21 would be served etc. It's like I flicked a switch in their head to become difficult. Ever since they have just been trashing the house, becoming difficult. This will be my last time as a Landlord, I don't know how you seasoned Landlords do it, you must be made of steel lol.
      Gary your not on your own , I feel your pain , my house has been trashed too, she owes me thousands and rising everyday , the tenant is firmly fixed ,I’m counting everyday until the courts get her out. I too will be selling once I have renovated it again.,I will never let a house out again ,it’s being sold . I take my hat off to all landlords that have kept going. I have never been as stressed out as I am at the minute . It seems the tenants have more rights than the landlords! Don’t get me started over the COVID period where you couldn’t evict ,my tenant hasn’t paid anything for many months ,just continually ignores every message ,letter , phone calls and emails .
      I know if i didn’t carry on making my mortgage payments ,the house would be repossessed by now.
      Hope you get her out soon Gary
      Good luck to all you landlord , I have respect for you .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Open Rent -Management service - Worth it?
        by Nomy
        Has anyone used Openrent's management service?

They have two services - Management Lite and Management Plus. The fee is a flat fee rather than a % but I was wondering if it's really worth it at all....
        01-08-2021, 22:45 PM
      • Reply to COVID clause in ASTs
        by KTC
        Rather than unfair, I wonder whether it can cause the tenancy to be void for uncertainity if it's somehow worded with the effect of you have a tenancy from X date if the existing tenant moves out, but not if they don't for COVID-19 related reasons.
        01-08-2021, 20:59 PM
      • COVID clause in ASTs
        by Hooper
        Does anyone have anything in their contracts? E.g. clause limiting liability where outbound tenants have to isolate and can't move out in time for commencement of next tenancy?

Anyone had this happen?
        30-07-2021, 13:23 PM
      • Reply to Tenants shilly shallying
        by Hudson01
        I think you already know the answer to your question, there are simply too many alarm bells for me, i would pull out and get better prospects and conduct the long standing and sensible checks we all have to do, i am sure you know that if you get a '' wrong un ''...... it will end in tears..... you...
        01-08-2021, 20:25 PM
      • Tenants shilly shallying
        by JK0
        A couple of weeks ago, my friend introduced me to a potential tenant. She liked the flat, agreed the rent, and we agreed she would move in 1st August. I took a week's rent as deposit.

In view of the lady living some distance away, I gave her the key safe combination, as she wanted to get...
        01-08-2021, 18:56 PM
        by ash72
        Always follow your process (if you have any) with any T referencing, even if they are recommended by someone. Most insurance want this conducted to avoid the policy being void.
        01-08-2021, 19:33 PM
        by JK0
        Oh, I don't know the partner from Adam. I just (foolishly) took my friend's assurance that she is good for the money, and she showed me her passport the other day.
        01-08-2021, 19:20 PM
      • Reply to Landlord dictating minimum temperature for property
        by 45002
        If utilities bill are in tenant's name, LL will not be able to access anything !

Unless LL tries to put bills in their name .
        01-08-2021, 19:13 PM
      • Landlord dictating minimum temperature for property
        by haystack1979
        Our landlord wants to insert a clause in our tenancy agreement to require us to maintain a temperature of 20 degrees in the house in order to mitigate a damp problem, is this legal? It's a very old place with a kitchen with thick stone walls which is poorly ventilated. The previous owner had the damp...
        30-07-2021, 11:33 AM
        by ash72
        If she wants to move in, then get the money back for the locks being changed. If you referenced both T's and they passed, then I would mark it as teething problems especially if the T hasn't rented previously. I avoid this type of situation by getting the T to sign the tenancy at a pre-agreed date and...
        01-08-2021, 19:07 PM
      Working...
      X