Prospective Tenants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prospective Tenants

I've been approached by a lady who lives in our road (I know her to chat to occasionally) about friends of hers who would be interested in renting our property, which I was just about to give to put on market They-an elderly mother and her daughter- want to move to the area. Both from SA originally. Apparently the two elderly ladies are childhood friends!

The daughter owns her own property elsewhere-in a good area with high rental income- which they currently live in and intend renting out.. She has lived and worked in UK (large financial setting) for some 20 years and has been joined by her mother in the last few months. Obviously obtaining refs for the mother will be a problem! Daughter should be easy enough.. They'd like to view the house this weekend. Would be interested in moving in as soon as they possibly could, which would be great for us as well, all things going well.

It's been a while since I've done a private let, including refs (tempted to refer them to local agent to carry out there for me) so want to get it right. So how best to approach? Will look up requirements ie EPA, Boiler Certificate, Electrical Cert, How to Rent etc Anything else I need to consider? Thanks everyone!

I

The how to guide explains all the things a LL is required do provide the T.

Comment

Thanks Ash. Where would I locate this? I've done this before but wish to make sure my knowledge is up to date!

One thing I forgot to ask is if it's necessary to do Right to Rent checks on the mother, since she's a recent arrival in the country.

Comment

Its on the Govt website - just google it - and yes you would need to do Right to Rent on both.

Comment

Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
          Its on the Govt website - just google it - and yes you would need to do Right to Rent on both.
          Thanks again! Right to Rent on both, although the daughter has been (working) here for years? This came in well after I last let, so will have to get up to date on this!

Comment

Joint the NRLA and have a look through their resource documentation. It includes all the checklists and templates you will need.

Comment

When you say you were about to put the property on the market do you mean to sell? or to rent?
              From the questions you ask it doesn't sound as if you were looking to rent it out.

If you were looking to sell then I would be asking myself why they want to rent the property and not buy it off you?
              Income from renting the daughters property and from her job should mean she could afford a mortgage.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X